The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Happy B-Day Mark.

Nice haul.  I had several of those Entex dio kits when I was a teen including the 105mm.

Thanks Phil! I would love to get the rest of those Entex kits, but I don't see it happening. No worries; I sure scored big regardless! It was quite the happy birthday!

• 2 weeks later...

I reacquainted myself with an old kit I haven’t seen since around 1955. The 1/184” scale Revell B-36 rereleased under the Atlantis label. It was an nostalgic trip to yesteryear.

D03DEA75-8F2F-4B2A-8ED7-C8C6A27CED87.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I've mostly been buying glues and other supplies, but a while ago, Brookhurst had a sale on select model kits. So, in addition to the paints and glues I bought, I got these three German destroyers:

full

full

full

The first two were six bucks each, the last one was eight. I couldn't pass that up! 

Then I got a PM from a fellow Forum member on another Forums, offering me some 1/72 scale aircraft that he knew he would never build. I accepted; not knowing how many he would send. I was quite surprised at the size of the box and the number of kits he packed inside:

full

Wow! How very generous! Thank you my good man, these are most appreciated. I already started one of them: the Val, which is one Japanese aircraft I haven't ever had in my collection. You can see the start of that in my Maddog Manufacturing Thread. Now I have even more to do during this stay-at-home time. 

Thanks for looking in. Now to go update my manufacturing thread.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some time back, someone came asking for help in disposing of a family member's stash of models, tools and supplies after he passed. Long story short, I got the following:

Paint brushes, tweezers, and Exacto knives:

full

I also got three boxes of Testors Model Master paints; mostly blacks, whites and greys, along with some red, blue and a scattering of greens:

full

Each box is as full as that top one. Thank you Gil for helping both myself and our fellow modeler.

Finally, after getting paid for a job; I was able to finally pick up two models that are on my "must get" list:

Aoshima 1/72 scale OH-1 Ninja:

full

Aoshima 1/72 scale Type 73 Heavy Tank Transporter:

full

This is gonna be fun!

WOW, that was a really nice score.  Terrific choice on the models too. Looking fwd to seeing what you can do with the truck! 🙂

Hey Duke! Guess what I JUST ran out of yesterday......MM gloss black enamel.....:blush:

Guess I should have hung onto a couple of those "classic black" bottles....Oh well!

Gil :smiley16:

Thanks Kevin! As I'm already building two other tank transporters, I should be starting that Japanese one soon.

Hey Gil! Do you want me to send a couple back? I don't often use Gloss Black, so let me know.

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit late posting these, seeing as how I got these at least a week ago. 

First is the Hobby Boss 1/72 scale 2S19-M1 self propelled howitzer for my Russian Army:

full

Next is my two Chieftains from Takom in 1/72 scale:

full

I hope to start on these soon. Just trying to finish up what I have one the bench first. Who knows? One of these might be Finished Armor Model Number 800! LOL!

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Roktman said:

Nice pick ups, Duke!  How soon before you reach 1K?  😉

Thanks Kevin! With the kits I have in the stash yet to build; I'd say I'm pretty close to 900. However, when I finish the three tank transporters and the two Churchills, I'll have finally broken 800 finished armor models.

Stay tuned!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here's my latest haul. 

One of my friends from SoCal AMPS was selling off some of his collection and so I decided to help him out by picking up these little deals:

First is this Dragon  M-4A3E8 Sherman:

full

I picked it up only because I need only one of these stupid parts to finish my M-51 Isherman:

full

Next I got these kits from Airfix, First and aircraft, the EE Lightning F.2A:

full

And then more of these Japanese soldiers from Airfix as well. I need to keep replacing the ones lost in Banzai charges...

full

Next is a German vehicle, the Sd Kfz 251/9; although I can't remember why I got this one:

full

Next I got four more vehicles to beef up my already substantial Russian Army...

Two tanks: The Modelcollect T-64 AV and the T-64BV Mod 85:

full

full

I'm not sure but I think I built the second one already, although it might be an earlier Mod. We'll see...

Followed by two Trumpeter BTR-70's, one early and another late:

full

full

I love it. I'd been waiting for someone to finally release a BTR-70 and I get to have two versions! 

After that, someone else turned me on to where I could find the Takom FV-432/Chieftain MkV Dual kit. So, I went on and ordered it and it is now here:

full

Finally! Now I think that once I finish up my most complete five models, I'll start on all three Chieftains and the FV-432...

While shopping for the above dual kit, these two caught my eye. I picked up this Stuart Mk5 since I have never had one ever in my collection. That is finally going to be rectified:

full

And last, I saw this Australian M-113 with the T-50 turret and had to have it:

full

Now if I can get the mojo to finally kick back in; I'll have a lot of fun with all these!  

Thanks all for looking in.

• 1 month later...

This is something I pre-ordered way back when I actually had some money. That was about eight months ago and it finally came in. This is the academy 1/600 scale USS Enterprise. I originally ordered it hoping it had the beehive tower, but this is the later refit. No big deal; I'm still gonna enjoy building this:

full

I got this from Hobbylink Japan. Once I requested it to be shipped; it took a total of three days to get to my door. Fantastic service!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While I was at our latest mini-Hobby Day, the guy who owns the tire store next door to our Hall came by. He gave me this kit, free of charge:

full

The price was right! Even though I already built one; I'm still going to do this one too.

• Like 1

I had one of those in my teens.  If I found another I would do it without the message board or replace it with an LED option.

The Goodyear blimp, in its current configuration is 192 feet in length. Measure the length of the model and, as my 7th grade teacher said, "do the math".

This one would be the GZ-20 which were first launched in 1968 (according to Wiki).  They were 192' 6" long.

Old Model Kits lists it as 1/169th.  Doing the math, as Dick said, puts it about 1/171st so close to N scale but slightly smaller.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FedEx brought this in today. I’ve been wanting this kit for awhile and found one for a good price on eBay...

3-AECD622-197-A-48-A9-997-C-5-DD3-D97666

• Like 1

Yeah, this will be a cool project somewhere down the road. I’m gonna paint and mark it up from my first line unit. Should look good in Spring Temperate MERDC.

• 2 weeks later...

These are some recent gifts from a fellow modeler on another Forums. He sent them to me because he knew he would never build them, despite having them for many years. First is the old Hasegawa Japanese Fuel Truck:

full

Next is the tiny 1/72 scale Harley sitting in front of the 1/35th scale Harley box:

full

He sent that to me just in case I might want to try something in a larger scale. LOL! Since I'm building a 1/35th scale Patton, I'll build this too and try making a small vignette containing the two models. 

That's all I got for now.

That’s a couple of cool scores there Mark! I love that Isuzu fuel truck!