Guest PetrolGator

The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Nice one David!

Here's my latest....

I managed to only buy one thing at the Military Hobbies Airfix contest because they were also having a "pull your discount from the hat" sale. Mine was 20% off:

Airfix_British_Airborne_Willys_Jeep.jpg

Earlier that week, I had gotten a package in the mail from a friend on another Forums. It contained this for starters:

Italeri-Testors_AH-1W_Super_Cobra_I.jpg

But it also had these decals:

Italeri-Testors_AH-1W_Super_Cobra_II.jpg

Yeah, I got this started already.

Finally, during Hobby Day my friend Harmon walked over to the thrift store next door to our hall and found this item which he gave to me:

Kora_P-47_G-15CU_Doublebolt_Conversion_S

Imagine finding one of those in a thrift store!

Okay. that's everything for now. I gotta go post my latest progress now....

• Like 1

Happy Birthday to me! Here's two presents I got from two friends at Hobby Day.

From my friend Sean I got the quintessential tank everyone should have: The UM Models T-3 Christie tank:

UM_Models_Christie_T3_.jpg

And from another friend Dave, I got one of my wants from this past three years: the ACE Centurion Mk.3:

ACE_Centurian_Mk_3.jpg

Yeah, I wanted that one so much, I started it at Hobby Day. You can see it and many other projects in my Maddog Manufacturing thread.

Nice. I never even saw that T3 before. And Happy birthday!

Thanks Kevin! I've seen it a few times before as UM has had that on their inventory for quite some time. I just never had the funds to get it before; whenever I did, I could never find it. Sean took care of that for me here. Thanks for the birthday wishes as well.

Okay, after all this time, my last Christmas purchase finally came in! Before I show that, here are two models I got from a friend and fellow IPMS member. These are two WWI aircraft for our Crimson Skies game:

Revell kit in a bag of the Fokker DVII. Disregard the $10.00 scrawled across the front, he gave this to me:

Revell_Fokker_DVII.jpg

Pegasus kit of the LVG C-VI:

Pegasus_LVG_CVI.jpg

Now for my last Christmas purchase...

All these are ACE kits I'd been wanting forever

ACE XM 706-E1 AKA V-100:

ACE_XM-706_E1.jpg

ACE V-150 Armored Car:

ACE_V-150_Armored_Car.jpg

ACE Syrian Artillery AKA Hell Cannons:

ACE_Syrian_Hell_Cannon.jpg

ACE Israeli APC Nagmachon:

ACE_IDF_Nagmachon.jpg

ACE British FV-4005 JS Killer:

ACE_FV4005_JS_Killer.jpg

ACE Centurion Mk-5:

ACE_Centurion_Mk_5.jpg

ACE Centurion Mk.3 and Mk.5 Long Range:

ACE_Centurion_Long_Range_Mk3_Mk_5.jpg

And finally my current favorite, the ACE Italian Centauro B-1:

ACE_Centauro_B1.jpg

Okay, that completes that. Now, unless I win any raffles or get gifts, I'm done with purchases for now. I gotta get caught up and make some of these to make some more room now...

Thanks for looking in.

I bought a Bandai First Order Special Forces TIE fighter from the Force Awakens Star Wars movie. It is 1/72 scale and cost $24 delivered. I plan on getting the regular version as well, but I'm not sure of the differences. I do know that the regular one does not have the cog looking gear thing at the solar panel attachment points.

s-l500.jpg

Excellent model Rob, you're going to enjoy that. I can't tell you the differences either, but it will be interesting to watch this being built. Congrats on a good score.

The Special Forces one is a two seater like the one they "borrow" in the film.  The regular one is a single seater.

Thanks Phil. Excellent information.

On 3/23/2019 at 5:57 PM, philp said:

The Special Forces one is a two seater like the one they "borrow" in the film.  The regular one is a single seater.

Thanks, that explains it.

I did order the regular TIE fighter, although the seller called it a Thai Fighter.

Added to the haul!

D98FFE18-637C-42A1-9AC3-FB1F1BD17B15.jpeg

mngts_031.jpg

Edited by davidh41
  • Like 1

Picked up a few things over the past few weeks.

Even tho I continually complain about Unicraft, I'm an addict for their odd ball Luft '46 places. Here's the latest -

IMG_3518.jpg.6364d6498fadc11b0189053964574218.jpg

Then Fantastic Plastic came out with their latest (#6) in their "Classic Rocketship" series. Was to be a 1920's suborbital passenger craft taking people from Berlin to NYC in 1 hour.

IMG_3520.jpg.dfc7eebff463ad43c8c125fff7f64c21.jpg

Then whats a Star Wars collection without Yoda -

IMG_3519.jpg.6f40691454a8fce4e6e28085714357a4.jpg

Moving to the garage kit side, I got the latest from John Dennett. It's the star of The Reptile -

IMG_3521.jpg.3ad61b2b15d0f4a852a0f53e0a35ec4f.jpg

And finally, I picked up Fr. Karras from The Exorcist. He is part 2 of the trilogy. Regan was the 1st one, but all these years later wifey is still creeped out - so Regan was out... 😉    Karras is a little more benign looking.

IMG_3522.jpg.d5e4d69ff50fe84e40b28f31dc6043f4.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Roktman
  • Like 1

Great scores Kevin! Those are gonna rock when you get to them.

I only got a couple things lately. One I already finished. It is related to model building and is very historical:

Books-Spearhead.jpg

I saw that at Costco and had to buy it since I've already read this author's book "A Higher Call".

This other item is a laser-cut kit of a sentry box from Monroe Perdue in 1/72 scale. I got this as a participation prize in a Group Build on Missing Lynx Braille Scale Forums:

Monroe_Perdue_Participation_Prize.jpg

That's all for now. Time to get back to the bench....

Here's my latest scores I got. I got these at my local So Cal AMPS meeting where they were having their semi-annual kit auction. This was the first one I'd been to and of course, I was flat broke! Still a friend offered to buy me what I wanted and I'd pay him back from the proceeds of my latest job that I just finished.

These are the items I wanted to buy that he got for me. First was a paint rack. Here it is all assembled:

Paint_Rack_III.jpg

I don't have much in the way of Vallejo paints, but I'll make this work.

The only model that really screamed at me was this one: Modelcollect's 1/72 scale BMP-3 that I'd had on my list for awhile. Finally I got one:

Modelcollect_BMP-3.jpg

Now here's where it gets interesting. These So Cal AMPS guys are the best around! Three other AMPS members also purchased a number of 1/72 scale kits that they then passed on to me as gifts! Here is the haul from all these generous people!

First is these two boxes. They both contain two complete helicopter kits inside each box:

Dragon_Helicopters.jpg

One of each will be made into alternate helicopters for the "In Another World" campaign on the Modeler's Alliance....

Next were these three kits, a Revell and two ancient ESCI kits:

ESCI-Revell_Armor.jpg

Finally there were all these Airfix and Matchbox kits:

Airfix-Matchbox_Armor.jpg

The M-19 will be made Israeli, and the Monty's Caravan truck will be converted to a cargo truck since I already have the whole Monty's Caravan set already built.... with a full interior! I have a few other ideas for all the rest as well.

Thanks again to all the generous AMPS guys in my club! What a magnificent group they are!

• Like 1

My regular First Order TIE fighter arrived. It looks as nice as the Special Forces one. I wonder if they make Rylo Ren's TIE from the second movie? I know Revell did the lights one, but Bandai's would be much better.

• Like 1

I nice package came from Gillman Productions. In it was Caesar from the newest rendition of Planet of the Apes, The Sand Worm from Dune, and a GK producer is starting (a hopefully long) run of celebs from Hollywood's heyday. The first one is Gary cooper as seen in Beau Geste. It comes with the mini movie poster.

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

Then my collection of Medusas grew by 2, with Atlantis Miniatures, and Zabavka Models entries. 

IMG_3638.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

A couple days ago, I went to a Brewer Brothers sale to sell some of my models that I know I won't build or aren't in my preferred scale. While there, I received three gifts from my friend who was selling on the tables next to me.

This first one is a FROG kit of the Swordfish in 1/72 scale. He gave this to me since I had never built a Swordfish yet:

Frog_Swordfish_.jpg

It was also because it had no top so most likely wouldn't sell anyway.

Another model he gave me that intrigued me was this Eastern European model from a company I have no clue about. The box was also beat up quite a bit so he gave this to me. I'm happy because it is a Soviet troop carrying glider:

AT_Russian_Troop_Glider.jpg

Finally, I also got this book from him since he knew I love naval ships:

Book_Janes_NATO_Warship_Handbook.jpg

That's all for now.

Here's a few acquisitions that I got from the recent San Diego Model Contest.

First a couple purchases...

This was something I got from a guy selling all these rare things. I got them for $2.50 each; does anyone remember the Snap-a-roos:

Aurora_Snap-a-roos.jpg

I already started building one. Some of them are close enough to 1/72 scale that I could use them.

I got this from the Rare Plane Detective:

Amodel_HUP1-HUP2.jpg

That was five bucks. In addition, he gave me these two which he was going to toss out if they weren't claimed. So, I claimed them:

Resin_Kit_Bird_Dog.jpg

It's hard to see what that is but it's a resin kit of what I think is an 0-1 Bird Dog. Not real sure though.

The other one was the Widgeon that I already started:

USAirfix_Widgeon.jpg

This next item I got much later; it had just come in a couple days ago. This is the cross I got to replace the anemic thing given in the Italeri Church Kit:

Church_Cross_.jpg

Now my church looks very Irish. I like it!

These following kits are all raffle prizes I got from San Diego:

Bandai_Mobile_Suit_Gundam.jpg

Testor_s_Quick_Build_2004_Saleen_S-7_I.j

That one above comes with a pre-painted body that I think is die cast:

Testor_s_Quick_Build_2004_Saleen_S-7_II.

Another Testor's Quick Build:

Testor_s_Quick_Build_F-117_Nighthawk.jpg

Finally, I somehow managed to win the last Grand Prize: Trumpeter's 1/16 scale T-34/85 model! Here it is:

Trumpeter_1-16_Scale_T-34-85_Model_1944_

Of course, everyone had to mention to me that it isn't in my scale, So, I replied that maybe I would build it anyway and hinge the hull so I could use it as a carrying case for all my small scale models that I bring to a show. LOL!

That's all I have for now. Enjoy!

I recently scored a kit with an MSRP of $169.99 for under $15 delivered. Guys from my model club in Louisville posted about some deep discounts on Dragon kits at Dragon USA. While the kit they were discussing was a 1/6th scale Panzer II normally $350 for $16 and discounted to $10 after using their Father's Day code, I searched other mistakenly discounted kits.

I found the Dragon Iron Man Age of Ultron Mark XLIII kit listed for $10 and change; $7.18 after the 35% off discount code. With shipping, a whopping $14.82 delivered. Others tried to order the giant tank and one guy tried to order Iron Man, but their orders were cancelled.

By the time they posted their orders were cancelled, I got a shipping notice. It arrived a two days later. By the time it arrived, the price had risen to $101.99.

http://www.dragonusaonline.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=DRA38155

64293276_10214951267520024_389665366964664394989_10214951268200041_140226232198764271567_10214951268480048_5626949775338

Edited by RGronovius