The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

No worries about selling the decals to the other guy. I have plenty to keep me occupied right now. Nice scores man! Way to go, there's some nice aircraft in that haul.

And yes, I do need the Pershings and Pattons in my Marine Corps; now if only someone would printed decals for them in my scale I'd be able to rectify that.

Thanks Mark. My 1/48 Red Air Force commanders are quite happy.

It looks like Star Decals is starting to make their stuff in 1/72 now, as well as 1/35 and 1/48. So perhaps in the not too distant future they’ll scale down their 1/35 Pershing & Patton sheets to 1/72.

23 hours ago, Stikpusher said:

Thanks Mark. My 1/48 Red Air Force commanders are quite happy.

It looks like Star Decals is starting to make their stuff in 1/72 now, as well as 1/35 and 1/48. So perhaps in the not too distant future they’ll scale down their 1/35 Pershing & Patton sheets to 1/72.

That would rock! It's about time since nobody has ever done so before.

• 2 weeks later...

Got these in the mail yesterday and I’ll be trying them out. Dress up some kit seats instead of replacing them with resin seats or PE… for a UK F-4 Phantom, Tornado, and ACES II seats

122-AEEB7-DCE0-42-DB-88-DF-040371528-D44

On 9/26/2021 at 12:36 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Looking interesting. Surely more easy to dress them up than replace them with resin seats I would think.

I imagine so. Especially the way that some kits in my stash have their seats molded. We shall see how much of a challenge that they are to use. And they sure should look better than standard decals. I do hope that I can get a more natural looking “drape” effect than PE seat harnesses.

This arrived yesterday in the mail. It comes in individual slab forms that can be arranged in what configuration you prefer, then paint up. The perfect base for my Cold War Red Air Force

EF7476-BF-03-E8-4686-A1-EC-A772133-CB9-F

That rocks Carlos!

I finally got a few things in, some I've been waiting for for quite some time. 

First up; I had gotten another Chieftain and FV-432 dual model kit from Takom some time back with the plans to make the Chieftain an Iranian one. What to do with the accompanying FV-432? I found a conversion set on Dan Taylor Modelworks that adds a turret to the vehicle and ordered it a couple weeks ago. Here is my FV-432 conversion set to add the turret to my FV432:

full

This is the other side showing the conversion parts:

full

Yes, it comes with a metal barrel. 

Next is a couple items I purchased at the IPMS Las Vegas Nationals. After a long and painful ordeal which I won't get into right now; I finally got these home! 

First up is an incredible book on the C-130 Hercules. It is quite comprehensive. I'm thrilled to have this as the Herc is one of my top five favorite aircraft:

full

Last is something I've been anxiously waiting on so I could try it out. This was a most amazing thing I saw at the Nationals and I had to have one.

This is a "cordless" airbrush from Spraygunner:

full

This is how it is packed inside:

full

And this is how it looks all set up which shows the "cordless" aspect off:

full

The black cylinder underneath this brush is a combination battery and tiny compressor. It is charged up with a simple USB charging cable which is included in the box. The pressure is not that high and so far as I know, there's no way to adjust it. This is most likely ideal for detail airbrush work. I'm thrilled that I have one of these tools! 

That's all I have for now. Time to go post my latest progress now...

• 4 weeks later...

Nice scores Mark! Have you given the airbrush a test run yet? When are you planning to build the FV.432 conversion? I can’t wait to see that one.

I’ve had a few new items arrive over the past couple of weeks, so now I have enough worth posting… 

F630-D41-B-78-C8-4228-86-DD-0-D814-CE4-C

First up, for the Academy 1/48 Hawker Hunter that I’ve had in my stash for ages, a cockpit set to replace the very under scale kit parts.

D2084204-BB7-A-4-A99-864-C-EC55-C31-A276

Then this nice old Accurate Miniatures 1/48 US ordnance set to correct or change some load outs on a few of my future builds… always nice to have!

1-CA09503-FEEC-41-AC-BB8-A-742-F91-EC590

and last but not least, a new improved more accurate better replacement for the Hobbycraft La-5FN that I built last week for my great nephew…

That’s all for now…

Nice score Carlos! Way to go!

Yes, I did fire up that airbrush. It sprays very nicely with a fine mist and has excellent pressure. It does indicate in the instructions that the pressure can be increased or decreased, but I haven't seen how that can be done. No matter; it works magnificently.

As for the FV-432 conversion,  I did bring it out to start at the last Hobby Day but didn't get it started. I did look over everything so it won't be long now.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear about the airbrush Mark. It is quite intriguing. Hopefully this months Hobby Day will see the 432 get underway.

This came in the mail the other day. It’s the old original Revell late 70’s vintage kit. Came out the same time as their Me-109G10, P-40E, and Spitfire II. I won’t be building it in the kit racer markings, but instead in one of the many 8th Air Force fighter group markings that I have…

75-CD36-D0-3-FA6-47-CE-962-D-CB453-B38-C

Thanks Mark. The original release didn’t seem to get as much love as the Monogram D kit released around the same time.

This was the original boxing. The air racer boxing still has the drop tanks and such, just the new Miss America decals.

spacer.png

Well, this past Saturday was Modelzona, IPMS Phoenix’s annual show and contest. Needless to say, I went. The vendor rooms were well supported by local and regional retailers and private sellers. There was a fine selection of kits to be found, a d I found these two. Combined prices for both were still less  that what either one fetches at most online shops

D9-C2-E75-E-AA6-E-42-CA-84-A8-0-FCB8-D99

9-A41-CE62-F4-F4-4934-9345-361-B1-BD5025

I’ve been wanting both of those for my collection since they were each released. 
Value Gear was also present with his full line of products, as was a different vendor with lots of tools! My angle nose tweezers were in desperate need of replacement, so….

AC747388-5-D98-48-A7-B403-1-A144-DD5-E43

All in all, a fun day at the show! 

Here's what I acquired over the past couple weeks. 

First of all, my IPMS club president came by a Hobby Day and brought in some models he had gotten from a widow. She had seen our website and contacted him to arrange pick up of all her husband's models, supplies and kits. He brought by the ones he thought I'd like the most. These are what I got:

Dragon LCM (3) Landing Craft:

full

Matchbox Fairey Seafox:

full

Italeri Italian Br-20 Cicogna:

full

And finally, this set from the 1990's, Revell's Aircraft of Desert Storm:

full

Later on, one of my gaming friends had gone with several fellow gamers he knew to the house of a friend of his who'd passed away. He managed to get a number of ship kits among other things that he brought into the next Hobby Day to see if anyone was interested in buying any. I took a look at what he had. Among them were a couple of Revell Emden kits, one of which was opened. The one I wanted was the 1/72 scale Schnellboot. My friend Lon wanted an Emden built for himself so he offered the S-100 Schnellboot as payment for me building him one of the Emdens. I got the second Emden for a friend of mine who'd lost his. 

Here is the S-100 Schnellboot he gave me:

full

That's all I have. Now to go post updates in the Manufacturing plant...

Oh Mark, you have done well there! All sorts of great goodies! 

Oh it was a fine trip to the mailbox yesterday! 

First up was this beastie, which the “Eb” seller offered at a much lower price than it was listed for. Shipping was more than the cost of the kit. I guess since the Tamiya and AFV Club editions of this kit came out, this version is not as popular. Score! 

A39-CBBAA-2-C45-4-BA5-B546-1444-AE8868-D

Then this for one of the Academy Sheridans in my stash. I’ll be using the Operation Just Cause marking options. 

06846709-6-B22-4-B1-C-996-A-E12678-F8-D5

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I found another of those rare good price deals on eBay with this one. About $10 plus standard priority mail shipping. It’s an Italeri rebox of the old ESCI T-55 kit, plus it includes the turret top dome armored fan cover to make a T-54/Type-59 tank. For that price, I’m not complaining. 

ACAADA7-F-4607-4327-B388-A81363-D3-B738.

Now I just need to decide on a paint & marking scheme. Right now it’s a toss up between Syrian in 1973 or Soviet in 1968. Decisions, decisions…

On 2/13/2021 at 7:19 PM, Stikpusher said:

Well the postman brought this a few hours ago. Thank you to the gentleman from another site who found this at a local shop for a great price and offered to pick it up and send it to me! I love the “painting guide for lozenge pattern camouflage” labeling... on such a large subject that’s gonna drive me crazy! But then again, I used to parachute out of perfectly good airplanes in the middle of the night, so I have screw loose upstairs somewhere...

C4-E1-C4-E9-C01-E-412-C-B8-F8-968-A567-A

• Like 2

OMG.......I bought that Aurora Gotha re-issue version in a K-Mart back during the heyday of the Disco era.

...........also bought the K & B version but didn't build them as I had little info outside of the

Profile Publication.

Unlike the above hyperlink- I had to buy my copy at either Stanton Hobby in Chicago or Al's Hobby in Elmhurst  - both long OOB.

Plastic of my K&B version is blue and black while the plastic of my Aurora boxed kit is dark green and black.

Based on what you were able to do with that Aurora Camel, the Gotha ought to be a smashing addition to your collection when complete.

Aurora’s 1/48 Gotha G.V Bomber Review with Kit Release History

Edited by cheveuxroux

Thanks for the vote of confidence Bob! The Gotha is going to be quite the project when I get around to it one day! I built one or two of them long ago when they were plentiful and dirt cheap. Of course none survived to this day. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sure that you’ll have fun with that M46 build Bob. So many awesome Korean War paint job possibilities!

Well I’ve been nickel and dimming my wingy thingy additions over the past several weeks.

First up I bought these 3-D decal US seat harnesses. I’ll be using them on a project that I’ll resume after the New Years.

9-E2-C26-AE-52-DA-464-A-817-A-68-F205-B5

Then I picked up this replacement canopy for my long sidelined P-35 build. So that’s one I intend to pull off the sideline in 2022

91-A9-D364-5193-4-D14-99-C8-E22-EE8-C8-A

And lastly I received a reduced price offer for this one on eBay, so I pulled the trigger on it

03484-F7-B-0-A90-47-E9-9-EE4-C5-FF17-F0-