The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Christmas was pretty mellow.

My Sekrit Santaski got me a Bandai General Grievous (which I had just picked up on a half price sale so now have one to sell).

My son bought me a record player so now I can actually play all those records I bought back in the 80s.

And to round it out my daughter bought me some slippers.

I picked up the Trumpy SA-4 Ganef kit from Squadron as a "Hey, I didn't run anyone through a wood chipper over the holidays!" present!

2qsFqbA.jpg 

When I was a SigInt puke back in the late '80s to early '90s we used to call these things "Volkswagen Launchers".

My wife ordered me something else from Squadron that was supposed to be for Christmas but it turns out will be for my birthday on Jan 8.  Still no clue as to what it is!  😄

Thanks Gil! It was a good Christmas.

Phil, sounds like you scored pretty well too.

Richard, that is awesome! I am still hoping someone releases one of those in 1/72 scale plastic.

Dave that ain't enough man! You need to go shopping for more LOL!

• 1 month later...

Okay, this is gonna be a long one as my second-to-last Christmas order just came in. I have one more coming, and then I'm done for the year unless I get some raffle prizes or something. Also, disregard the prices on the boxes of some of them; I got these for half or more as part of my Christmas order. Otherwise I never would have bought them.

Oh, speaking of raffle prizes, I'll start with those from my IPMS meeting...

First up was this Evergreen and Plastruct set of styrene with instruction booklets/catalogs:

Evergreen_and_Plastruct.jpg

It also included strip and rod pieces as well:

Evergreen_and_Plastruct_II.jpg

I also won a Tamiya boxing of the Italeri F-14 Tomcat in 1/72 scale:

Italeri-Tamiya_F-14_Tomcat.jpg

I then purchased this Renwal kit of Fabulous Flying Machines from a friend and fellow modeler. It's all plastic inside, but includes tissue paper inside for the "fabric" wings:

Renwal_Fabulous_Flying_Machines.jpg

At the Spruefest contest, I dropped all my raffle tickets into the Miscellaneous draw hoping to pick up tools and/or paints. Instead, I got these two cars from Tamiya. On this first pic, for some reason; it did not finish the picture. The bottom of the box has shots of the sprues inside as well as logo, etc.:

Tamiya_LaFerrari.jpg

Here is the second car I won:

Tamiya_Nissan_370Z.jpg

I'm taking offers for these, but no lower than $25.00 on the Nissan and $50.00 on the Ferrari.

Moving on, here is the other acquisition I got at Spruefest during their show sale that I didn't post earlier:

Modelcollect M1001 tractor pulling the Pershing II. Now I have both of these Pershing II tractors:

ModelcollectM1001_Tractor_with_Pershing_

And now for my Christmas acquisitions...

First are these four models from ACE:

Italian 508-CM Colonial light car:

ACE_Italian_508_CM_Coloniale_Light_Car.j

Italian Trattore Autocar Sahariana AS.37:

ACE_Trattore_Autocar_Sahariana_AS_37.jpg

Type 770 Tourenwagen:

ACE_Type_770_Tourenwagen.jpg

Type 770 Cabriolet F:

ACE_Type_770_Cabriolet_F.jpg

From IBG, I picked up four more. This included a "Holy Grail" of sorts; one model I hadn't been able to find anywhere before this....

Chevrolet Wrecker:

IBG_Chevrolet_C-60S_with_Holmes_Breakdow

Diamond T Wrecker (YAY! FINALLY!)

IBG_Diamond_T_969_Wrecker.jpg

Next are two Hungarian Zrinyi II 105mm assault guns:

IBG_Hungarian_40-43_Zrinyi_II.jpg

...and another one with skirts:

IBG_Hungarian_40-43_Zrinyi_II_with_sides

I actually got that second one because I thought it was a different variant. It's not, it only has added skirts. Oh well, I'm gonna build it anyway.....

Moving on again, I got two Riich Models M-109A6 Paladins. I'm hoping to make to make one of them Israeli if the modifications aren't beyond my abilities:

Riich_Models_M-109A6_I.jpg

Another modern vehicle I got was this T-Model uparmored M-1114 Humvee:

T-Model_US_M1114_Uparmored_Humvee.jpg

I also got this modern A&A Models Russian aircraft rescue and firefighting truck:

A_A_Models_AA-60_Aircraft_Rescure_and_Fi

And last but not least, I have this Hobby Boss Armored Train Car Geschutzwagen for my Br-57 armored engine:

Hobby_Boss_Geschutzwagen.jpg

That's all for now. That should keep me busy for a few weeks at least.

Thanks for looking in. Stay tuned, some of these will be introduced to my factory floor fairly soon.

That's a lot of swag Duke!

I managed to pick up one of my "holy grail" kits last week...The resin CollectAire 1/48 FH-1 Phantom. Although I didn't get a bargain, the price was surprisingly reasonable and near the original cost; which was nice since it's l-o-n-g out of production, and the ONLY one in 1/48 (except for an even more obscure and impossible to find vac).

100_8071.thumb.JPG.bf27b4b598870a7c7c06f89bbb552553.JPG

It's nicely molded with hollow castings for the fuselage and wings, and also has the option of folding the wings. This one may get built for the 'Nooga Nats! 

GIL :cool:

Edited by ghodges

My holy grail model would be to obtain a Renwall Virgil Exner Bugatti 101 from their Revivals Range to build or restore. Even if I can get a built one that has seen better days I would like one to restore and give to the Bugatti Trust Museum for permanent display here in the UK. If anyone has one and can help please get in touch through the forum messaging service. Thanks.

Edited by noelsmith

WOW! Everyone's got some nice scores!

I've been a good boy since X-mas (but I do have a few parcels coming...) 😉

Edited by Roktman

My packages seemed to all come in on the same day . The only one I didn't take a pic of is a 1:6 dio kit called "Good Grief"  It's an adult Charlie Brown with a mangy Snoopy set in a post apocalyptic world. weird I know. 😄

Here are the others -

IMG_3361.jpg.9365c79f914066f7118183aa2dcd9d1a.jpg

Scene from the original Omen

IMG_3362.jpg.8759a61d09b76dd8dd36d0fd8f97aa52.jpg

This is Nosferagalactu. A  vampire from the Future

IMG_3363.jpg.4b5487e02e80aa2c5b3a24eefb72082f.jpg

This is a more accurate replacement head for the Moebius Models' Frankenstein styrene kit.

Edited by Roktman

Here's my latest....

I managed to only buy one thing at the Military Hobbies Airfix contest because they were also having a "pull your discount from the hat" sale. Mine was 20% off:

Airfix_British_Airborne_Willys_Jeep.jpg

Earlier that week, I had gotten a package in the mail from a friend on another Forums. It contained this for starters:

Italeri-Testors_AH-1W_Super_Cobra_I.jpg

But it also had these decals:

Italeri-Testors_AH-1W_Super_Cobra_II.jpg

Yeah, I got this started already.

Finally, during Hobby Day my friend Harmon walked over to the thrift store next door to our hall and found this item which he gave to me:

Kora_P-47_G-15CU_Doublebolt_Conversion_S

Imagine finding one of those in a thrift store!

Okay. that's everything for now. I gotta go post my latest progress now....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Birthday to me! Here's two presents I got from two friends at Hobby Day.

From my friend Sean I got the quintessential tank everyone should have: The UM Models T-3 Christie tank:

UM_Models_Christie_T3_.jpg

And from another friend Dave, I got one of my wants from this past three years: the ACE Centurion Mk.3:

ACE_Centurian_Mk_3.jpg

Yeah, I wanted that one so much, I started it at Hobby Day. You can see it and many other projects in my Maddog Manufacturing thread.

Thanks Kevin! I've seen it a few times before as UM has had that on their inventory for quite some time. I just never had the funds to get it before; whenever I did, I could never find it. Sean took care of that for me here. Thanks for the birthday wishes as well.

Okay, after all this time, my last Christmas purchase finally came in! Before I show that, here are two models I got from a friend and fellow IPMS member. These are two WWI aircraft for our Crimson Skies game:

Revell kit in a bag of the Fokker DVII. Disregard the $10.00 scrawled across the front, he gave this to me:

Revell_Fokker_DVII.jpg

Pegasus kit of the LVG C-VI:

Pegasus_LVG_CVI.jpg

Now for my last Christmas purchase...

All these are ACE kits I'd been wanting forever

ACE XM 706-E1 AKA V-100:

ACE_XM-706_E1.jpg

ACE V-150 Armored Car:

ACE_V-150_Armored_Car.jpg

ACE Syrian Artillery AKA Hell Cannons:

ACE_Syrian_Hell_Cannon.jpg

ACE Israeli APC Nagmachon:

ACE_IDF_Nagmachon.jpg

ACE British FV-4005 JS Killer:

ACE_FV4005_JS_Killer.jpg

ACE Centurion Mk-5:

ACE_Centurion_Mk_5.jpg

ACE Centurion Mk.3 and Mk.5 Long Range:

ACE_Centurion_Long_Range_Mk3_Mk_5.jpg

And finally my current favorite, the ACE Italian Centauro B-1:

ACE_Centauro_B1.jpg

Okay, that completes that. Now, unless I win any raffles or get gifts, I'm done with purchases for now. I gotta get caught up and make some of these to make some more room now...

Thanks for looking in.

I bought a Bandai First Order Special Forces TIE fighter from the Force Awakens Star Wars movie. It is 1/72 scale and cost $24 delivered. I plan on getting the regular version as well, but I'm not sure of the differences. I do know that the regular one does not have the cog looking gear thing at the solar panel attachment points.

s-l500.jpg

Excellent model Rob, you're going to enjoy that. I can't tell you the differences either, but it will be interesting to watch this being built. Congrats on a good score.

The Special Forces one is a two seater like the one they "borrow" in the film.  The regular one is a single seater.

On 3/23/2019 at 5:57 PM, philp said:

The Special Forces one is a two seater like the one they "borrow" in the film.  The regular one is a single seater.

Thanks, that explains it.