David Kimbrell RIP

RJackson

This is to let everyone know that David Kimbrell passed away Thursday, December 14.  He succumbed to brain cancer that struck quickly in the middle part of the year and was diagnosed just after San Marcos.  Dave had a large footprint in IPMS, both as a contributor to the Journal and expressing opinions on many a topic in the Forum.  Several have crossed swords with Dave here. 

Yet, regardless of the back and forth and whether or not you agreed with him, Dave’s goal was always to promote modeling.  He was always engaging people in the hobby shop in the model aisles wanting to know their interests and inviting them to attend club meetings.  He was always willing to share info on techniques and resources if someone needed help on a build.  He leaves a hole that will be difficult to fill.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Of the few time I interacted with Dave on the forum, one thing was for sure, he was a straight shooter, and always voiced his opinion. I found that quite refreshing . He will be missed for sure. His contributions to IPMS will forever live on. Prayers to his family and friends. 
I wish I would have had the opportunity to meet him in person. 

Chris. 

• Like 1

We have decided to move back to OK next year, and I had told Dave in San Marcos to get ready for the two of us to "joust" in person at meetings again.

As much as he & I disagreed on some topics, we never let it get personal. He'll be missed.

Oh, my. Dave was a great guy and fantastic modeler. This news comes as a shock. But I spoke with him several times at San Marcos and could tell that he was having some kind of problem, as he was having difficulty forming sentences. In any case, my sincerest condolences to his family and his many other friends, in Oklahoma and elsewhere.

Sad news.      May he rest in peace.  I spoke briefly with him at San Marcos. very interesting man and modeler. His Insite will be missed.

The forum won't be quite the same.

Dave Mason

IPMS-USA #44492

Mid-Michigan Model Makers

• 4 weeks later...

I have had quite a few interesting discussions with DAK on this forum. Will miss his forthright style  often seeing things from opposite  directions. Despite our many differing views our discussions were always civil. He described himself as being very opinionated and that is what I liked about him being a very lively guy to have discussions with on this forum. He will certainly be missed in a big way on here.

Edited by noelsmith