Fallen Armor 'Junkyard' Diorama - now called boneyard

tiking

I thought I'd put together a small dio that somewhat depicts vehicles fallen to IED's or heavy attacks which left them totally destroyed and unusable. I had seen quite a few pics of badly damaged vehicles, beyond repairs, just put into a heap or collected together and placed into a 'Junkyard' type for damaged vehicles. So this is my loose representation of such yards during the Iraqi War...

fallen_armor11.jpg

fallen_armor10.jpg

fallen_armor8.jpg

fallen_armor7.jpg

fallen_armor6.jpg

fallen_armor5.jpg

fallen_armor2.jpg

Edited by tiking

That is some really excellent work. Love the blown sand.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a change of heart and decided to end the Gun truck, I was working on seprately, life and add it to the Fallen Armor dio. Even added a dog as this was also common in these yards.

FA11.jpg

FA10.jpg

FA9.jpg

FA8.jpg

FA7.jpg

FA6.jpg

FA5.jpg

FA4.jpg

FA2.jpg

F6.jpg

Does add to it. Great job.

• 1 month later...

Thanks but now i have completely changed the size of the dio...

boneYard is the name of this one. ... Second and final version of the 'Fallen Armor' dio I've been working on. I decided to scrap the older version due to it's size. I decided I wanted something more compact. So here it is. Nothing new except the container has been repainted and chipped. Altered some parts on the vehicles and added some stuff but otherwise, the theme is the same. The name has also been changed to what it was meant to be called in the first place.

by18.jpg

by17.jpg

by16.jpg

by15.jpg

by14.jpg

by13.jpg

by12.jpg

by11.jpg

by9.jpg

by8.jpg

by7.jpg

by6.jpg

by5.jpg

by4.jpg

by3.jpg

by2.jpg

by.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

WOW! That sure is an incrediable diorama, really enjoy all the little details.

-Steven

• 2 months later...

A GREAT diorama! Wonderful techniques everywhere from ground cover to rust, to the ripped down poster on the truck. If you have no objection, I do have one SMALL constructive criticism. It seems unusual that I don't see one blade of grass or weeds growing around anything. I have been to a lot of salvage yards, and even the most pristine still have weeds around.

Just an observation FWIW. Sorry about the nit pick.

• 1 month later...

A GREAT diorama! Wonderful techniques everywhere from ground cover to rust, to the ripped down poster on the truck. If you have no objection, I do have one SMALL constructive criticism. It seems unusual that I don't see one blade of grass or weeds growing around anything. I have been to a lot of salvage yards, and even the most pristine still have weeds around.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. :) Thank you for the tip. But unfortunately this dio is no more.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. :) Thank you for the tip. But unfortunately this dio is no more.

I would like to say thanks for pointing this out, I never would of thought of that. The information, will be of great help, for my future dioramas. Just hope one day, my talents are has good as the OP.

Edited by WigWagWorkshop

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...