1/72 Revell F-4F + AirDoc decals

Arkut

Hello all;

This is my new project after my previous 1/72 Fine Molds A6M2b Zero.

This one is from Revell.

The mouding is a shared one with the original RF-4 release so some minor surgeries done as appropriate.

I hope you will like it.

Any constructive criticism is most welcome.

Thanks,

Arkut

12.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

ONLY this came out?!! Man, I DREAM of having something that looks only HALF this good! This is stunning work, something I could never hope to achieve! You are incredible, and I also love seeing another 1/72 scale aircraft posted here. I wish I had half your talent! Keep posting man, and feel free to describe how you got all that incredible weathering detail done!

VERY SWEET! If you hadn't posted it as being 1/72, I'd have guessed at least 1/48 or larger. The camo seems very "to scale" and the weathering perfect for F-4's, as everyone rode them hard and put them away wet! That one pic shows the alignment is dead-on too. Great build! Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

One of the stencils was crooked..... Hey, you said you wanted criticism...oh, constructive criticism, my mistake. Ummmm, can't come up with any, sorry. Applying that many stencils on a 1/32 bird would take its' toll on a man's sanity, and you did it on a 1/72 aircraft?! That's insane :smiley29: --you certainly have my respect. :smiley32:

Very well done. The weathering is spot on. I'm with the others on the extensive stenciling, proof that taking your time makes all the differance. You've done a classic fighter justice. Thanks for posting it.

Chris

Hello all;

Thanks a lot for your comments that make me shy.

I see some are deeply interested in the decals. Actaully it was not that much hard since the decals were divided into big parts. That is, not all numbers are individual but some are grouped on big carrier film.

The only disadvantage of this is that sometimes i had to cut and seperate some numbers so that i could reposition them in their correct place.

On the other hand i am glad that most liked the weathering.

Personally i try my best to achieve a look which makes someone see as if the model really got weathered and dirt. This time i used the Tamiya weathering pastel and mostly the oil stain. Also some clear varnish went there and there, but in very low quantity.

For the exhaust again Tamiya pastel; some yellowish green on the tail cone and yellowish green mixed a little bit with metallic blue in the exhaust.

Also the exhaust and elevators were painted with different shades of paints from different brands, like Testors and Gunze.

The panels on the exhaust were drawn with lead pencil; 0.3 mm, 2B.

I am glad that i could took some of your interest and good comments.

Happy modeling!

Edited by Arkut

• 2 weeks later...