The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

That's pretty cool, although she's courting disaster being barefoot on a jobsite! That's gonna rock.

Here's three of the latest kits I picked up.

1/72 scale Modelcollect T-90MS tank:

Modelcollect_T-90_MS.jpg

1/72 scale Roden Ludwig Areo Bus:

Roden_Ludwig_Arero_Bus.jpg

1/72 scale Roden VOMAG Omnibus 7:

Roden_VOMAG_Bus_.jpg

Two of these have already been started. Feel free to check them out in my post under "Maddog Manufacturing".

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good documentation is essential to the completion of an accurate model. After ordering the model, I bought the documentation. The model arrived today. The plan is to make an in-depth study of the p

As I was walking the aisle at my "local" HobbyTown USA a few days ago, an odd thing happened. A big box with a Revell of Germany kit of the Douglas C-54D in 1/72 scale fell off the shelf right into m

Went with the wife to a thrift shop mall on Saturday. Found an old Revell-Monogram A-10 in 1/48 scale in a vendor's booth for $5.99. It was opened, so I peeked inside, but decided not to buy it. A few

Posted Images

Well, it's been a couple days since I returned from the IPMS San Diego model contest. I had a great day there, coming home with a sizable haul from the raffle and vendors, as well as a Third Place. You can see that in the Trophy Case.

For now, here's what I brought back home from San Diego:

These first two are two ships that I purchased:

Ship_Models_June_2016.jpg

I also purchased these two aircraft. This first one is going to be a commission build for a friend of mine:

Airfix_Hampden_CB_June_2016.jpg

This next one I'm going to build when I'm ready to build the rest of my seaplanes all at once:

Mach_2_PBM_Mariner.jpg

Now I'll show a mix of purchases and raffle prizes. These three books are my latest additions to the library. The top book is a purchase, the other two are raffle prizes:

Books_June_2016.jpg

These are all tools I purchased...

Tools_and_Accessories_III.jpg

...while these tools and sets are all raffle prizes, except for the loose paint jars. I bought them for 25 cents a piece:

Tools_and_Accessories_II.jpg

These next two are armor models i got. I purchased the Dragon kit on the bottom, the other was a raffle prize:

Axis_Vehicles_June_2016.jpg

The rest of these are raffle prizes:

Allied_Vehicles_June_2016.jpg

Revell_Blue_Angels.jpg

Revell_USS_Tarawa.jpg

A lot of these will be going on the sale pile; all my purchases I intend to build. You may see some of them fairly soon on the Maddog manufacturing Factory Floor.

I finally found an item I've been looking for for several years. It is the long out-of-production Eduard PE set for the 1/48 scale ex-Bandai (now Frog/Fuman) Valentine Mk II. Someone was selling it on eBay as the 1/35 scale set #35108 for the old Alan (and re-boxed by Dragon) kit, but listed it as the 1/48 scale set 28003. They even went as far as photographing the PE frets from the back side so you couldn't see the engraved fret number (the 28xxx series is used by Eduard for their 1/48 scale armor series).

Eduard did four PE sets for the ex-Bandai kits. 28001 was for the Willys Jeep, 28002 for the M4A3(76), and 28004 for the T-34/76. Still looking for the last one.

s-l1600.jpg

Revell_USS_Tarawa.jpg

I built this assault carrier as a kid. I loved that it came with little tanks. It was probably one of my three favorite ship kits. Number one was the Aurora (later Monogram) Skipjack sub, a monogram destroyer and the Tarawa.

Yeah, I remember that too. I also built one at least a couple decades ago myself. I'll be adding that one to my sale pile.

Congrats on the P/E score too. I do hope you can find the last one.

Mark:

Looks like you made quite a snag at that model show. Quite a nice selection of tools you picked up as well. I also like that you got a couple more busses for your collection. Very cool my friend.

Dave

Does a bottle of Tamiya Flat Yellow count?

:smiley16:

• Like 1

Thanks Dave! You can see those buses under construction in my production thread.

Dick, if you "hauled" it in to use on the Hobby, I say it counts,

Then I'm good to go! I seldom buy kits anymore since my stash is .............ah.................plentiful. But I do need the paint, glue, and tools!

My stash is too. That is why, when I do buy more kits; I try to make sure I've completed at least ten models for each one. I'm getting there....

It's been a busy month or so for my wallet ...

first is the new Badger primers called Stynylrez primers. Guys are raving about it on You Tube build videos -

010.JPG

As far as kits I got a few busts from the Czech Co., 2dreamers. One is Gagarin, and the other Alexi Leonov -

007.JPG

008.JPG

The next two is from Gillman Productions - Boris Karloff playing Ardeth Bay in The Mummy.

001.JPG

And Fredric March's version of Mr. Hyde -

003.JPG

(sorry for the crappy focus)

Then there's a few mini busts done by John Dennett of Moondevil Studios. He has 20 of them now, and I picked up the 3 circled in the first row. The ones circled in purple are previous buys -

busts.jpg

Then sort of still in the Christmas spirit, I picked up Krampus from Aradia miniatures -

007.JPG

004%2B-%2BCopy.JPG

Moving to vehicle kits, I picked up John Crichton's craft from Farscape from the SSM Store -

005.JPG

then moving to Yamato 2199 I picked up another ship from the fleet -

006.JPG

Finally is one of the new Bandai kits, Star Wars' A Wing -

412610522.jpg

I better get busy building! :D

Kevin, that's going to be exciting seeing those get built. Bring 'em on!

Thanks Mark,

Yep I've already started (almost finished actually) the two mini busts from Moon Devil studios. I'll have to take pics.

That's some cool, off beat stuff! Looks like you're set for fun for the summer!

GIL :smiley16:

Thats Gil,

Haha thats me - Offbeat.

I actually have a narrow range of likes, but it's all out of the ordinary (for IPMS) stuff. :smiley20::smiley2:

And that's what IPMS needs more of, to the point that it's not so out of the mainstream. As a drummer, I know what it's like to be off beat myself! :smiley20: Hope to see pics of the finished projects when ya get 'em done!

So what about pictures here people? After all, descriptions are nice, but we all love to drool over the packaging!

This weekend was my club's Orangecon 2013 and I was able to get a couple great deals as well as two raffle prizes. Here they are:

Raffle prizes first:

Decal sheet for air-to-air missiles in the US Air Force, scales 1/32, 1/48, and 1/72:

Missile_Decals.jpg

Next I won a Y-wing fighter from Star Wars. It's even my scale! Check it out:

Y_Wing_Fighter.jpg

Now my two latest scores were this L-39 for $5.00:

Edward_L_39.jpg

And finally there was this Dual-kit set of 1930's era vehicles. I got this for $20.00:

Airfix_Fire_Engine_and_Bus.jpg

That's all my latest acquisitions for now. I got to get some shelf queens built before I start on any of these.

Nice score!

The FineMolds kits has awesome detail - and to be in The Scale of Kings? Excellent. ;)

I'd like to see what you do with the fire truck. Despite being a firefighter for a long time, I never found myself drawn to building the rigs. But I like lookin' at 'em. ;)

So what about pictures here people? After all, descriptions are nice, but we all love to drool over the packaging!

This weekend was my club's Orangecon 2013 and I was able to get a couple great deals as well as two raffle prizes. Here they are:

Raffle prizes first:

Decal sheet for air-to-air missiles in the US Air Force, scales 1/32, 1/48, and 1/72:

Missile_Decals.jpg

Next I won a Y-wing fighter from Star Wars. It's even my scale! Check it out:

Y_Wing_Fighter.jpg

Now my two latest scores were this L-39 for $5.00:

Edward_L_39.jpg

And finally there was this Dual-kit set of 1930's era vehicles. I got this for $20.00:

Airfix_Fire_Engine_and_Bus.jpg

That's all my latest acquisitions for now. I got to get some shelf queens built before I start on any of these.

Nice score!

The FineMolds kits has awesome detail - and to be in The Scale of Kings? Excellent. ;)

I'd like to see what you do with the fire truck. Despite being a firefighter for a long time, I never found myself drawn to building the rigs. But I like lookin' at 'em. ;)

Wow Kevin. you pulled that post out of a deep bog! Cool! An update on all those acquisitions:

-> The 1/32 portion of that decal sheet was cut off and sent to a good friend. I still have the rest.

-> The Star Wars Y-wing and the L-39ZA Albatross were completed about a year or two ago:

Iraqi_L-39_I.jpg

Star_Wars_Y-wing_CTA_2014_I.jpg

As for the fire truck, I had started another one prior, but it got broken up. I may try again with this one closer to the end of the year.

Stay tuned, I have another acquisition to post that a friend had sent me as a gift.

It ain't much, but it was free! It is also something I've been trying to get for awhile! A very good friend of mine sent this to me as a gift:

Aoshima_JGSDF_Patriot_System.jpg

I'm hoping to get started on this near the middle to end of July. Stay tuned...

i picked up a few choice items from a friend in Texas this week....

002_26.jpg

Starting top left and going clockwise (all 1/48): resin 75gal P-51B drop tanks, window masks for the Sea King helo, resin F-101 ejection seats, a resin rear interior set for the SH-34 helo, and the Eduard pre-painted F-104 cockpit Zoom set; all for $40.

I've also cut another "deal", which should be here next week. Pics when it arrives! :smiley4:

Because I'm a sucker for unusual subjects...via eBay foreign sellers.

Artmodel BV 155 V1 in 1/72 (who am I kidding...I'm getting too old for 1/72 even with optivisors)

post-879-0-75237800-1467945214_thumb.jpg

AMG ADGZ Armored Car in 1/35 (I may actually build this one.) The (un)usual east bloc shipping method of flat boxes and bagged parts in a bubble shipping bag. I'm shocked that it actually made it without any damage. Curiously he sent the right kit with the wrong box...I have the Fu version with the radio antenna assembly over the top. All the parts and instructions are there so, eh, life's too short to get wound up about the inconsequential. :)

post-879-0-94914500-1467945538_thumb.jpg

--David

Edited by dmjung
  • Like 1

Once I finally get the huge TWA Moonliner wrestled into shape and finished, I want to build something simple and easy. This probably isn't it...

Courtesy of the exchange rate and Hannant's back order discount, the HPH 1/32 Me-410.

post-879-0-51634200-1468451839_thumb.jpg

And this explains my other forum post looking for a good 1/32 DB603A engine.

--David

• Like 1

Here's the "deal" I got in the mail last weekend......

005_6.jpg

It's the old ID 1/48 vac of the EC-121 Connie! And by "old", for you long time IPMS members (like me), this one was distributed by Rob Wolf's "lone Wolf" productions back in the 80s!

I've no plans to build it soon, but couldn't pass it up when I ran across it either.