My Magnum Opus Completed! ...and three others...

Mark Deliduka

Finally!

After a year and a half of grueling, frustrating and tiresome work, I have finally managed to complete my Armageddon 1/72 scale Panzerzug BP-44 Armored Train!

Here are some preliminary pics from it's debut at my local IPMS meeting. There aren't the greatest quality, so I'll be trying to get some better pics later.

Here is the overall shot of it sitting on the table. This train measures six and a half feet long. I placed it down the center of the eight-foot table it's sitting on. On one side you can also see my other three completed models; closeups of those will come later.

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Armored_Train_I.JPG

I left this pic kinda big so some details could be seen.

Now for some closeup shots so you can see all the detail. Here is a shot of the engine and two tenders:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Armored_Train_II.JPG

Next are the Geschutzwagen and Kommandowagen:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Armored_Train_III.JPG

And finally, the Artilleriewagen and the last two cars, the transport wagon and the Panzerjagerwagen:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Armored_Train_IV.JPG

And that's only half the train!

On the other side, we have another set of the Geschutzwagen and Kommandowagen:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Armored_Train_V.JPG

...preceded by the other three cars in front:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Armored_Train_VI.JPG

There she is in all her glory! This was one of the most difficult, time consuming and frustrating models I've ever built, but the results are well worth it! I tried to use the kit parts wherever I could, but some were just plain unusable. I freehanded the camo pattern on th3e whole train; it took me four to five days to get it to my satisfaction. Most of the delicate thin parts are brass or copper wire, while the antennas are stretched sprue. One car I actually built using ONLY kit parts, including the grab handles and steps; just to see if I could do it. Due to the extremely poor molding quality, the quad AA guns were impossible to remove from the sprues so I substituted old ESCI/Italeri quad guns. The panzer 38(t)'s came with the kit. Despite the extremely poor molding again, I was still able to assemble these little tanks well enough to use on the model.

Now I can send her out on the circuit and show people that, yes; one of these models CAN actually be built!

Meanwhile, as promised; there were times I needed a break from this train, so I assembled a couple other little models to clear the palette, so to speak.

This one is my ICM 1/72 scale Russian Ural-43207 Command Vehicle. This one will not be taken to any contests as there are at least five 'vital' parts missing. Whether they were originally in the kit, I don't know, but I couldn't find them when it came time add them to the model. Rather than having another "shelf queen" on the bench forever; I just completed it 'as is' so I can move on:

Russian_Ural-43207_Command_vehicle_I.JPG

This next one was a simple joy to build. It is ACE's 1/72 scale Ford US Army Staff Car. This is a 12-hour build I did; partly for fun, and partly because I've wanted one of these in my collection for so long. Here it is:

US_Army_Ford_Staff_Car_I.JPG

That's all I have for my armor for now. As for my third model completed; feel free to check it out in the Aircraft Forums.

Thanks everyone for looking in; comments are welcome!

Merry Christmas!

This one is my ICM 1/72 scale Russian Ural-43207 Command Vehicle. This one will not be taken to any contests as there are at least five 'vital' parts missing. Whether they were originally in the kit, I don't know, but I couldn't find them when it came time add them to the model. Rather than having another "shelf queen" on the bench forever; I just completed it 'as is' so I can move on:

Russian_Ural-43207_Command_vehicle_I.JPG

In Soviet Russia, missing parts find you!

Awsome job on the camo on the train. Love it. Great job Mark. And the best part about this build, it took you a YEAR & A HALF!!! Welcome to the the ,rest of us modelers club. HAHA :Smile-tongue:

Chris

Thanks guys! Your compliments made my day!

Chris, Thank you for the welcome to the Long-Time Builders Association. Please forgive me if I don't attend all the meetings! :smiley24::smiley2: :D

Very nice Mark. I wish I could progress as much on my P-6E as you have on your projects. After a long hot summer here we in Central Texas are suddenly geting rain (which we need) but it's a little too soggy to use the airbrush at this time not withstanding Christmas, which I respect. Best,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333