Magnum P.I. Ferrari

MikeH

Dang it feels good to be back at the bench and inspired! I'm building this one for a TV/Movie car CBP on another forum.

Plenty of annoying mold seams and sink marks. And now painted red!

DSC02412-1.jpg

DSC02413.jpg

Looking good.

The 308/328 series remain one of my favorites, though if faced with a choice I'd drive the 'big brother' of the era first - the 512bbi. Boxer, mmmmmm.

Looks good so far. So are you going to grow a Tom Selleck moustache to go with that?

LMAO!!!! I couldn't grow a 'stache like that if my life depended on it. I go 5 days between having to shave. :lol:

Here's where my enthusiasm left off today. This thing's got annoying mold seems, fit issues... This took me the better part of an hour. :smiley24: When I saw the header assemblies I decided to move on to something else. :smiley17:

DSC02456.jpg

The kit's rendered itself to box stock and an experimental piece for my new Grex airbrushes. Simple mask lines applied with tape and tight control with my airbrush gave me nice clean lines. banna

DSC02464.jpg

DSC02465.jpg

DSC02466.jpg

it's with great pleasure I inform you that this freakin' kit has pissed me off to the extent that it is in the box with the sprues, on the shelf, and never shall it darken my workbench again. cheers_smiley.gif Headlamps wouldn't line up then when I put the chassis to the body, the headlamps moved, and it was just not a good thing. This kit wasn't a good thing.

I'm a bit saddened. The heck with the working head lamp gimick... glue them in place alligned, closed or open and move on. You have a pretty good piece in front of us.

I'm back working on the Grey Enzo I started before the Prius kit review and this morning one of the body panels went into the stripper bath for the third time.

it's with great pleasure I inform you that this freakin' kit has pissed me off to the extent that it is in the box with the sprues, on the shelf, and never shall it darken my workbench again. cheers_smiley.gif Headlamps wouldn't line up then when I put the chassis to the body, the headlamps moved, and it was just not a good thing. This kit wasn't a good thing.

Unless you were planning on entering this in a contest, I would forge ahead. Maybe just leave the headlamps shut.

I don't normally frequent these auto Forums, but I love Magnum P.I. and his car. I too am saddened that I won't be able to see it finished. You've been doing such a great job on it, and the black detail painting you did was simply awesome.