Correct white for Thunderbird F-16

Mister300

What is correct shade of white for base coat ?  Insignia white as stated in the two Bob Decal  set or gloss white?  

Am I obsessing here but the called out ins white has a gray tint to it.  Here is my photo I took in Houston.

TB 3.jpg

Edited by Mister300

I'm with Gil as far as the best shade of white.  I would recommend laying down a couple light coats of flat white as a primer to prevent any color bleed through.

One alternative is Tamiya - either the acrylic thinned with lacquer thinner or their lacquer decanted from the spray can. Both give a nice white and dry in a few hours and rock hard in half a day or less

Dave

When I need an overall white, I simply use Tamiya's "Superfine White" spray primer directly from the can.  A few light coats, let 'em dry, then gloss/decal as usual.

You can decant it and airbrush it if you wish, I don't like creating more work for myself--the paint sprays just fine from the can.

Cheers!

Ralph

Tamiya white primer with automotive two part clear coat over it.  Decaled and then another coat of clear over the decals.  Chrome done with Alsa easy chrome. 

BOTTOM.jpg