how to paint figures

Zglossip

Hey guys , I need some help I can't paint figures worth a lick so I usually leave them out of my kits but I wouild like to get good at them . advice wouild be appreciated. Thanks

You are talking about Dave Youngquist owner of Last Cavalry, on his website you can find his latest videos on painting figures.

You can also make a search for painting, miniatures or faces on our website to found great tutorials about the theme.

http://www.ipmsborinqueneers.com/apps/videos/

Good luck with your figures!

Guest PetrolGator

Hey, does anyone know Mr. Youngquist personally? I'm debating starting a new forum for guests to provide a tutorial and allow members to respond to said tutorial with questions. His input and expertise would be wonderful.

• 4 months later...

Another place to look on You Tube is for the miniature painters. This guy is one of a number of guys that give good advice -

Here's a good one on painting flesh -

In this one he paints an entire figure -

But basically, after priming, you'll need to lay down a base coat of your color. Then use a wash to fill in where all the shadows would be. Then come back with highlights. You may want to start with your base color again (depending on how much clean up you need from your wash) and continue with at least 2 other highlights. For each lighter color make it a smaller and smaller area painted. HTH.

Chris:

Met Dave at the last Cleveland show. Nice guy. He might be able to help and I have bought from him so you can contact him at the e-mail on the Last Cavalry site.

FWIW, he won best figure and best in show beating all comers with a figure. About the best one I have seen in a decade

Dave