Question About Photo Hosting Sites...

Mark Deliduka

I just logged into my Webshots account to find out that they are closing down and switching to a subscription-only format. I loved Webshots because I could upload as many pics as I wanted; keep them there without any limits on how many could be seen, organize them in as many folders as I needed, and didn't have to worry that some would be taken down if not viewed in a certain period of time. I also loved that I could upload any size pic and they wouldn't resize it or restrict it. I do have several pics of my entire armor collection that were left very large so that detail could be seen. The only thing I was disappointed in was that I could only hotlink small pics to any other site, so I never used it for that. I mostly used it to refer people to it so that all the models I currently have pictures of could all be seen by anyone who wanted to see them. There are currently 882 pics in 24 albums there and I was gonna add a few more pics, but now I can't since now they are going away.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a photo hosting site out there that is:

*Free

*Trustworthy

*Able to host unlimited photos, possibly with no size restrictions (that part isn't too important though)

*Won't take any of them down if not viewed within a specified period

*Won't restrict how many can be viewed at a time

*No limit on uploads (although I rarely if ever upload anything more than 5megs at a time give-or-take)

*Will allow me to separate them into as many folders/albums as I want to keep them organized.

I really could care less about the Facebook, Twitter and other social-network-linking features; that ain't so important to me. I would just love to be able to keep a webshots-type album set somewhere so I could keep a chronicle of my collection for anyone to look at. I have been looking and researching everyhting I could find and I have seen a couple sites that may fit the bill, but I'd like other opinions and reviews as well.

Anyone wishing to see what I would love to replicate on another site, feel free to check out my Webshots page to see what I currently have that I've never had to pay for. I want to keep that going; especially since I have so many more models to shoot pics of.

Thanks for any and all help anyone can offer.

Photobucket still rocks!!!!! I have also seen people use Picaso????? Here is what my photobucket page looks like!

http://s357.photobucket.com/profile/warfrost64

Thanks guys. I have been using Photobucket too, but not as my primary. I guess I'll do a bit of reorganizing on my photobucket and re-upload everything from Webshots. I hope I don't cause the system to crash! :blink: :P

Look at all you get, for free!

Free accounts include:

• Unlimited* storage for photos.
  • Up to 500 videos permitted with up to 10 minutes in length per video.
  • Maximum display size of photos is 2048x1536 pixels each.
  • Maximum file size permitted is 1MB per photo and 500MB per video.
  • The pure awesomeness of the Photobucket experience!

*Photobucket reserves the right to limit excessive use and the unlimited storage offer pertains to non-commercial use only.

This was copied from their site! No idea what it REALLY means! Kinda like facebook! I load until they tell me I have reach my size limit!

Eric,

Thanks for that! So as long as I have the originals still on my computer, I know I am no where near the allowed usage! (so it says)!

I've used Photobucket for years. I have several hundred pics there on the free account and last I check wasn't even half full. However, note that I do NOT do videos. The only problems I've had with them is uploading some pics, and that was a "tech" problem between their upload page and Firefox. It was never solved (despite their tech help attempts), but it eventually "fixed" itself, as everything is back to normal at the moment. It's easy to use, once you figure out the procedures for you browser/computer.

GIL :smiley16: