Where do you post RR topics?

Ron Bell

I recently started doing some of the old Airfix RR topics, but I don't know where to post photos on this forum.

Please advise.

I posted mine in the armor section, but then again, it is an armored train. You could also post them in the Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles Forum since that deals with non-military transportation. Perhaps then we could get Eric A. to add "Trains" to the Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles Forum.

Really seems like we should add a Miscellaneous class ... I'll mention it to Dennis.

I'd suggested this quite some time ago, but was shot down. Maybe he'll listen better to you.

I posted my photos in the Photos,Photos, Photos section. You might want to move them to the new Misc. category.

Railways always seemed to fall between the gaps in Plastic Modelling circles. Due to the number of large scale plastic wartime loco kits now being made, the UK IPMS has set up a section in their forum for railways as a topic, and set up a class in the competition at the Scale Modelworld Show. Setting up a miscellaneous section on the USA forum is reasonable, as I feel it would not have been right to place locomotives in the same group as cars, trucks and motorcycles.

This modeller would like to see a large scale static model of 'The Mallard'. It is the streamlined steam locomotive that holds the world speed record. It is in the National Museum in York here in the UK. Have a look at Mallard on the web. A U.S. 'Big Boy' would also look magnificent as a larger static model too. I will have to get the Revell Monogram HO one for now.