Finished 1/32 F-15E and P-38J

StuartMont

No zooming in please 😀😀.

These are my last two 1/32 scale airplanes, no more room so it’s on to 1/48 scale.

The Trumpeter P-38J was a bear (for me) and it’s hanging because I accidentally reversed the landing gear wells and could not remove them without destruction🥴. So I switched gears and built it as a flying model. Based on the fit I don’t think it was supposed to be. I tried to scale up (I think) the weapons decals for 1/48 scale to 1/32 scale but that did not work. The colors are accurate based on help from you guys. Getting fishing wire to make it look better hanging.

The Tamiya F-15 went together very nicely and was a joy to build. Finally purchased an airbrush but too late for this one and the finish is C- at best. All of the detail colors are accurate I hope. This is the first time I applied every single decal called for and they went down fine. I took liberties with the ordinance, picking what looked coolest to me and learned a hard lesson about the order of things in terms of assembly. The instructions weren’t much help and thus the two missiles sitting next to the plane. 

So my modeling experience now consists of twelve 1/32 scale models. The 1/48 Tamiya Swordfish is next. This will be also be my first build using an airbrush so wish me luck. IMG_0463.thumb.jpeg.91e53fb16811871a108d42295d1dea13.jpegIMG_0463.thumb.jpeg.91e53fb16811871a108d42295d1dea13.jpeg

IMG_0464.jpeg

IMG_0462.jpeg

IMG_0465.jpeg

Edited by StuartMont
  • Like 1

Pushed send too quick. Added a few more photos of the F-15 and apologies for two of the same photo in the first post. Not sure how that happened. 

IMG_0435.jpeg

IMG_0439.jpeg

Edited by StuartMont
  • Like 3

Two good looking big birds! Nice work.