Another Completed Aircraft in June by the Duke

Mark Deliduka

Once again, another Shelf Queen got finished. This is the ancient Airfix kit of the British SE.5 from World War I:

full

full

full

This one had been languishing for a lot longer than the  RAF Rescue Launch. I've had this one sitting on the bench for over ten years. I've always liked this plane; it's one of my top three favorites from WWI.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 1

Thank you Gil! It is indeed an ancient kit. I still had a blast building and painting it. The 'wooden' prop was done with a base of wood color and then striped with a darker brown using a very fine brush.

• Like 2

I love when the oldies get built up nice! Great job!

• 2 months later...

Thank you Ed! This one I got for free so the price was right. I also figured since it came from a collection received from a model widow, it deserved to be built as was intended by the original owner. I did a couple other ones from this same collection. I just picked up a couple Eduard WWI biplanes from another estate sale. I'll be building them too so I can compare kits and experiences.

Oh man, I guess I missed a good look at this back in June Mark. Looks good. Do I see rigging on this little crate? Bravo!