NEED SABERJETS AND FJ FURYS FOR THE NATS!

ghodges

And yes, I meant to shout! I will have two DISPLAY tables at the IPMS Nats in Columbus dedicated to any and all F-86 Saberjets and/or FJ Furys. That means ALL scales, ALL types, ALL nationalities and markings; from the F-86A thru the F-86H, and from the FJ-1 Fury thru the FJ-4B Fury. They do NOT have to be contest quality! This is just an attempt to see how many of them we can crowd onto the tables! If you can bring one or more, please email me (Gil Hodges) at: slowhandshodges@bellsouth.net; so I can get an idea of how many to expect. Heck, I'd love to add a third table if needed! Thanks!

GIL :smiley16:

Gil,

As you know, my 78th FBS F-86A and 45th TRS RF-86A in 1/72nd scale are done. My 1/72nd SAAF F-86F is decaled and will be glosscoated before weathering tonight after work, so that puppy "should" be ready in time.

8/10/9 (BUMP)

While I'm getting a lot of responses, I can always use more F-86's and FJ Furys in Columbus. Email me off board if you can bring one or more for the display. Thanks!

8/10/9 (BUMP)

While I'm getting a lot of responses, I can always use more F-86's and FJ Furys in Columbus. Email me off board if you can bring one or more for the display. Thanks!

Hi, Gil:

I have a 1/144 F-86F that I built with Blue Impulse markings that I made myself. Hope you can use it.

Jack Kennedy

Thanks Jack, I can use it!

I just put the word out to my fellow RC's to be spread out to all clubs east of the Mississippi yesterday, as well as word on Hyperscale and here; so I'm hoping for more responses in the coming week. Got a total of about two dozen so far, so there's plenty of room for more! ANY that are bought will an improvement on the 6 I'm bringing! Cheers!

Gil,

I forwarded your request through my RC5 to one of my guys who will be attending on Friday only. He builds 1/48 Sabre Jets of the Korean aces, and does a magnificent job worthy of contest judging. Is is OK for him to bring his models for display on just one day? He would have to remove them as he leaves Friday evening.

Ed

How about Royal Baker's F-86F in 1/72? If there's room in the box (and there should be), it'll be there.

Steve

(Bump)

The count is up over 30 so far, so a big thanks to all who've contacted me so far. You can STILL bring Saberjest and Furies, but don't bother trying to contact me as I'm already in the Columbus area and have limited computer access. Just bring your models and place them on the table. They'll be 3x5 cards there that you can fill out to identify your contributions. Please feel free to bring a model for the display even if you'll only be at the show for that one day! Part of the reason for doing this is to allow people a chance to see models that otherwise wouldn't be there (not in the contest). Just place them on display at your convenience and pick them up when you're ready to go. Cheers!

Thanks for all of the help and support guys! I ended up with two full tables and a total of 36 models on display! Now, did anyone take pics of my tables....???? I totally forgot! :smiley13: Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

This display is AWESOME looking. Huge Kudos to Gil :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20: for devising and directing it and to all those that supported it :smiley20::smiley20: . Bummer I could not see it in person this year. But I hope to contribute to Gil's next shin-dig if you strike one up for Phoenix. I won't be missin' that one. Model on, Brothers of the Sprue.

If I make it to Phoenix (and I plan to try) I will sponsor a couple of tables of something....the problem is, I don't know if I'll be able to bring anything myself, since I'll be flying! Still, I'll gladly pay to sponsor a display, and we can figure it out "what" a few months ahead of time.

Once more, I want to thank all the guys who brought their models for my display this year. Those were models that would have NEVER been seen in Columbus without the display, and I think we can all agree that the more models there are to see, the happier everyone is! Cheers!

If I make it to Phoenix (and I plan to try) I will sponsor a couple of tables of something....the problem is, I don't know if I'll be able to bring anything myself, since I'll be flying! Still, I'll gladly pay to sponsor a display, and we can figure it out "what" a few months ahead of time.

Make it Shermans. Between me and Jim Wechsler, We'll fuill at least two tables. Then you'll need at least three more for everyone else!

Once more, I want to thank all the guys who brought their models for my display this year. Those were models that would have NEVER been seen in Columbus without the display, and I think we can all agree that the more models there are to see, the happier everyone is! Cheers!

I agree. I would love to bring another 150 models to display instead of entering them. Either way, we'll see.