Some recent completions

I seldom venture into the area of 1/72nd, and don't do much in the way of single engine 1/72nd but here are 3 1/72nd kits (ok...the Me-262 is a twin) I've finished in the last 10 days or so.

This is the Heller Tempest Mk. V.

TempestMkVHeller15972ndrtback.jpg

This is an Airfix Hurricane.

HurricaneAirfixUnknownItemNo72ndfrtright.jpg

This is another Heller kit....the Me-262B-1a/U1

Me262B1aU1Heller08672ndcompletedleftfrt.jpg

In the last month I've also finished several spacecraft, two of which are review items for IPMS.

Here is the Hayabusa which rendevoused with an asteroid and returned samples to Earth.

HayabusaMusesCAoshima049020200032nd-above.jpg

Here is a paper model of an LTV Scout B

LTV-Scout-B-wwwericksmodelscom96th.jpg

On occasion I like to do something "Naval". Here is a simple day project, an IJN 1/700 sub.

I1JapanNavySubsAoshimaWLSO71250700th-completed.jpg

A little higher on the difficulty scale is the Accurate Miniatures Miss Port Columbus. This is a 1/48th kit.

F2GMissPortColumbusAccurateMiniatures040948thRearRight.jpg

By the end of the day, depending on the wifie and her "List of Things for Hubbie To Do" I might have the Revell 1/720th USS Alabama completed. In fact, that's were I'm going right now.

The USS Alabama by Revell, in 1/720th is now finished. The water effect is made with a chaulking material. Easy to work with and easy to paint I tend to prefer it over Gel Medium.

USSAlabamaRevell0409720thBowRt.jpg

Dick if you are trying to keep up with the Duke as far as output. Forget it, he is the champ. Serious I like everything you have done. The Me-262 paint job really stands out. Nice job.

Chris

Thanks for the compliment on the Me-262 paint job. The kit is a very basic model with little in the way of interior detail. I added restraint harnesses for both occupants and even threw in a map for the GiB. These 72nd scale jobs are just for fun, as are all my models when I think about it, and I like to use them to practice a particular modeling technique for use on a model that I might take a little more care with. I've got a 48th and 32nd Me-262B-1a/U1 and I'm thinking of doing the same basic airframe in three scales. We'll see about that .....

I usually get these little things from vendor tables at contests and generally spend less than a $1 a piece. I look for stuff that is damaged or incomplete to practice on.

As for competing for total completions with the Duke, he clearly exists in a worm hole allowing him to control the flow of time, and slowing it down. Either that or he builds models when he drives (people text, watch TV, work on their computers, and apply makeup while driving), builds them in the shower (a good way to wet-sand!), and builds models when he sleeps. My guess favors the worm hole.

And now its back to the workbench!

That kit was a bit high on the difficulty meter. I either misaligned some of the interior parts or the fit was less than what one would hope for out of the box. Anyway, its the final product that matters and I'm pleased with it.