More Completed Armor From the Duke.

Mark Deliduka

Hello everyone!

This month I have been able to finish two more armor models.

This first one was the Academy 1/72 scale M-977 HEMMTT cargo truck that I'd been working on. The camo pattern is painted on and I weathered it with my airbrush and some weathering powders from Tankrats AFV Depot:

US%20Army%20M%20977%20HEMMTT%20I.jpg

US%20Army%20M%20977%20HEMMTT%20II.jpg

My other completed model is one I finished up in about three days. This is the Airfix 1/76 scale Australian Matilda Hedgehog tank. I painted it up with Model Master Olive Drab and weathered it with my airbrush:

Australian%20Matilda%20Hedgehog%20I.jpg

Australian%20Matilda%20Hedgehog%20II.jpg

The spigot mortars on the back do go up and down. This was a fun little easy build and I'm quite pleased with it. I just noticed that I'll have to fix the silvered decals, but that's an easy fix.

That's all my armor so far. I also completed an aircraft this month which is posted in the Aircraft Forums. Feel free to go check it out as well.

Thanks all for looking, comments are welcome.

I like the HEMTT. Mine in 1/35 is supposed to look as good as your 1/72 kit with the NATO 3-color camo scheme. I am doing the M978 tanker. I have the M977 also, and I was planning to use the overall sand color with tons of photoetch and resin replacement tires and wheels. We'll see.

Ed

Duke:

Again you have shown you are a master of the art of Armor building. I like your HEMTT and the Hedgehog Matilda. They are nice looking pieces and will look good on your shelves. Your are indeed the "Iron Duke" of the IPMS!!!

Dave

Thanks guys! Your comments are most motivating!

Ed, I would love to do a tanker version. I have to get the resin conversion kit for it though and that costs a bit. Gonna see what I can get though.

Thanks again for all the motivating comments guys!

Duke,

I am sure that Academy has a tanker version in the works (if the cargo sells well). You may want to hold of a bit.

Mark

Duke,

I am sure that Academy has a tanker version in the works (if the cargo sells well). You may want to hold of a bit.

Mark

I hope so. I'd love to see one of their "Ground Vehicle Sets" be a Mule and Ontos too. But having a tanker version would be awesome. I'll be holding off anyway, as I don't know whether I'll be able to afford a resin conversion set anytime soon.