Academy 72nd M977

philp

Finally finished this Review kit for IPMS/USA (review should be up sometime soon). Had a few problems and some areas could use some additional work or replacement (wonder when the photoetch will be out) but overall was a good kit.

P2077422.JPG

P2077423.JPG

P2077424.JPG

That is a sharp model! Does anybody make any accessories for the truck bed, such as that big crane some of these things have?

Verlinden makes a set of modern US stowage in 1/72 scale. The box art is a photo of all sorts of stuff sitting on a Bradley, but in reality it is just assorted crates and bags that could easily be used to fill the HEMMT cargo bay. It is set 1887 and one set would be more than enough to fill one truck.

That set could work. I was thinking of a full set of barrels or possibly some Abrams ammunition pallets.

The final model is pretty good size for 72nd scale being almost 6" front to rear so there is lots of room to fill in the cargo area.

So far the only accessories I have seen for this are a set of resing wheels from Dtoys (but they only give you 8) and a replacement photoetch grille from Arthur Clark (links to both of these are in the review). The kit has a few other areas that could use some attention that photoetch (like Eduard) or other may help fix.

I kind of hope they follow up with a tanker version.

I kind of hope they follow up with a tanker version.

I'm also hoping they follow up with a tanker version as well. However, I do believe that there is a resin company that does a tanker conversion kit for a tanker version. I may be wrong though. Personally, I'd find it better if they made an injection molded tanker version.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next "Ground Vehicle Set" is going to be!

I have got to save up and grab the halftrack kit. Have wanted to convert one into an Israeli version for some time.

Also had a buddy from England send me a Russian 12.7 gun to mount on my Syrian Panzer IV project. Could have sworn I had seen a conversion set for this some time ago and Condor does the decals.

Edited by philp

DToys does the resin conversion for the tanker, comes with the Academy kit.

http://www.diener.co.kr/board.php?board=di...=body&no=79

Ah, Mark, you're making me blush.

Actually, thanks, I appreciate the feedback.