ICM 1/35th scale CH-54A conversion

Bradley25mm

Erickson Air Crane was extremely helpful in making this project possible. Areas that had to be altered/scratch built. 1. Rear landing gear struts. (Bubba has duel wheels) Made from brass tubing, plastic tubing and sewing thread. 2. Cooling unit. The kit instructions has it attached to the transmission housing. Moved it to the correct location. Scratch built the mounting bracket, and air intake screen. 
3. Tool box on wheels. Scratch built with resin casters and evergreen plastic styrene. (Needs to be altered, it’s too high). 4. The entire water drop tank. (Erickson provided detail photos to help). 5. The steps leading up to the tail rotor gear box. Evergreen polystyrene and sand paper for non-slip surface. 6. The rotor blade tie down straps. 7. The ladder. 8. Wheel chocks. 
           The figures are from Reedoak. There are some things that need to be replaced when, and if they come available. I’m hoping that a company will come out with these items in the near future. 
             The entire rotor head assembly w/ composite blades. Bulging windows for both doors. It’s been a lot of work, but well worth it. Comments/critiques always welcome. Thanks for having a look.

51FCB81C-7403-4BAA-B6FC-6C698B4A3C91.jpeg

A6B1F2CC-1776-4716-9B1F-485BAC061383.jpeg

6593DA77-43E6-4ACD-A667-21BD47BB90E5.jpeg

919ABE50-B117-45DD-AA87-BB6AE87100CB.jpeg

DC8824BD-0037-4C17-97A9-C248D6555631.jpeg

55C206C4-2458-4FA8-9BF8-54F8947BE24A.jpeg

• Like 2

OUTSTANDING! So much detail to feast the eyes on, a colorful scheme, and the work all blended so seamlessly as to not know without you telling us how much work you did. Congrats on a stellar build that's going to turn heads wherever you take it!

Gil :cool:

• Like 1

Very nicely done! It looks much better than the one I saw in real life out in the Mojave Desert years ago sitting in between fire seasons on some facility. That one was dusty, old, and tired looking.

• Like 1

O...M...G that is just sick! My eyes hurt looking at that detail! WELL DONE!!!!

• Like 1

I can honestly say without hesitation on my part that the photos posted here look like those of a real helicopter with crew members going about their business.  I even got a wow from my wife when I showed them to her and, believe me, that’s saying a lot!  I’d love to know how long it took you to do this.

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for the compliment. I began the project on 4/25. The final corrections were made on 7/15. The Fire Tank took the most time.( I had to rebuild it after not being happy with the first attempt.) I ran into an issue with the paint reaction to the clearcoat. I used to paint stripper to start over.

Thanks again

Christopher

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bradley25mm said:

I began the project on 4/25. The final corrections were made on 7/15.

What????  That’s all the time it took you? 😀 Incredible model. 

• Like 1

I’ve been blessed with a wife that is extremely supportive of my hobby. A lot of late nights spent on this one. 

Thanks

Christopher

• Like 1