Vintage Kit: Matchbox Me110 (PK-115) 1976

thevid

this is  Matchbox's kit of the Me110 and is built out of the box with only changes being the decals.  It was first released in 1976 and unlike earlier Matchbox releases this kit has mostly fine panel lines unlike the deep engraving or earlier kits. 

Matchbox_Me110_DSC_2824.jpg

Matchbox_Me110_DSC_2827.jpg

Matchbox_Me110_DSC_2828.jpg

• Like 1

1975?! This one is comparatively modern 😉 And it looks beautiful! You’re building, presentation, and photography really all come together just right.

Great job on a fun kit.

On 6/20/2021 at 2:19 PM, ghodges said:

Excellent build! Looks like you nailed the early war camo scheme too.

Gil :cool:

Thanks,  yes RLM paints are all over the place with very little uniformity between makers.  I think I used Testors on this one.  Close enough is good for me.

On 6/16/2021 at 6:37 PM, Stikpusher said:

1975?! This one is comparatively modern 😉 And it looks beautiful! You’re building, presentation, and photography really all come together just right.

Ha!  I was just learning about air brushes back then.  I had a Badger air gun that hooked up to a compressed air can.  That was my first airbrush.  I made several nicely build models then but when I left for Basic and onward they disappeared.  At the time one had to mix paint by counting drops of paint.  I had an Imrie Risley chart which had paint matches.