wedfactory

The Production Line

Lookin' sharp Warren! Real sharp!

Looking great man! I almost feel like I can sit right down and start flippin' switches!

Lot's of detail and hard work! What are you using regarding paint?

Right now it is all model master enamels with the exception of the washes those are model master acrylic.

As the guns and their components have been painted and are now drying I decided to work at the other end...

DSC_0568.jpg

DSC_0567.jpg

I have seen several other forum where other modelers have said that the engine doesn't fit and required that 4mm be cut out of the pipe on the back end of the engine. as you can see here I did not have that problem and the fit was spot on.

Sounds like some of the other folks who built this thing didn't do their homework before setting the engine into place. lol . Nice job on the fit.

There is a shaft the runs down the middle of the pipe on the end of the engine. If it is not set correctly I could see where it would not go together properly.

Starting to look like an airplane...

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0592.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg

Edited by wedfactory

Looks like it's all coming together nicely there Warren! Man doncha just hate covering all that detail up? How much of the engine is gonna be visible on the finished build?

Now have something resembling a plane....

DSC_0596.jpg

DSC_0597.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_0599.jpg

Had to strip the silver paint as it didn't stick to the model. Worst case of mold release contamination I have ever seen. Will have to wash it down before I repaint it.

• Like 1

It's almost got that weathered look on it as it sits. I figure you've already washed the parts down already once?

Edited by mustang1989

Nope, not washed yet. That is this weekends project and get the base coat of paint on it. Also want to get the base coat of paint on my Star Destroyer this weekend. (see sci-fi section)

Washed and have the base coat now on. Did find a couple areas I need to puddy.

DSC_0612.jpg

Schuuweeeet!!!!!!

Started throwing paint tonight but ran out of RLM66, so had to stop throwing paint tonight as well...

DSC_0665.jpg

DSC_0666.jpg

I always run out of that stuff!!!! It's either that or RLM 02. Doncha just hate it when that happens?

That IP and pit look awesome!!

That's some terrific paint work!

GIL :smiley16: