Chapter Location Map

Eric Aitala

HI,

I was messing around with the Chapter data today and set up a map of all the current Chapters, see:

http://batchgeo.com/map/7e8d7d6f4c527031456336c2c76f3d1f

I will attempt to update it every once in a while or until I can set it up on our servers...

Eric

That's neat, thank you -- it would be great enhancement to our Chapter/Region page.

Is there a limit to colors?; I'm having trouble with the regional breakdowns, and the notation/menu line along the bottom.

Needs a data scrub; I think at least one (Coastal Carolina in Charleston area) missing in R12.

There's an outlier in Amarillo TX for the DLC, but he lives in WA ?

Can we get this without the ads ?

I also noticed that our chapter, IPMS/Gamecocks is showing below Columbia, SC and were 40+ miles to the East in Sumter, which is on the map. I'm sure that it's limitations to the web site, not any fault of our great webmaster.

Eric- You missed our club completely. There are two IPMS chapters in San Diego. IPMS/San Diego and IPMS/San Diego Model Car Club. We are both proud of our independent status and differance in interest. Thanks.

HI,

I set this up from the current data which is somewhat limited when it comes to locations as the street address of the Chapter meetings are lumped in with the meeting dates... so I'm placing the chapter via the City & State data. Also a few Chapters did not process correctly...

I may be able to edit the existing map or make a new one, but it may take a little time.

As for the San Diego Clubs, both are listed on the same 'pin' - look for the '1 - 2 > ' at the bottom right of the popup to toggle between the two.. Same thing for the two clubs in Memphis, TN.

Eric

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I will probably be building a similar map on the IPMS web server at some point using the actual Chapter info that is current and maintained by the DLC. The demo map I built was only for 'fun' and is not easy to maintain.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Great work! Our Chapter, Northmen Scale Modelers, are not on your map. Here's a link to our website.

Northmen Scale Modelers

Thanks,

Kit Redmond