"New" Member

LtGray

Hello,

My name is Jeff Mattheiss and I've been a member on and off since the early '80's. I'm 47 years old, been married for 17 years, and have two wonderful girls ages 11 and 5. What do I model? Well, to hear my club member friends put it, "nothing". I'm sort of a "collector" and haven't finished much over the years. I like all models in general with specifics in 1930's cars, muscle cars, WWII ships, anything WWII, any post war jets, etc. I've heard that's called "eclectic" but I think it's rather "indecisive". Oh, well. Actually, my major passion is military history with modelling following after. I also dabble in wargamming - board and computer type, not figures. I am secretary of our club (Chattanooga Scale Modelers). I also retired from the TN Army National Guard at age 39 with 22 years service. I usually am good for my 2 cents worth but on occasion end up getting change! I hope to learn from interaction on this site and forum and maybe I can help out and contribute as well.

Thank you for your time and patience.

"LtGray"

Jeff,

Welcome to our neck of the woods and I hope you find all that you are looking for. Don't sweat the not building. Most of us are all "collectors" first and builders second. We all believe we really WILL build all those models in our stash.

Mark

Jeff,

Welcome to our neck of the woods and I hope you find all that you are looking for. Don't sweat the not building. Most of us are all "collectors" first and builders second. We all believe we really WILL build all those models in our stash.

Mark

Oh Mark I take offence to the statement that ,"we all believe we really Will build all those models in our stash". I personnally have been working on my stash for years. And for every model I build I buy at least two or three more. See it is working perfectly. Now only if could live to a 1000 yrs.

Jeff welcome back amd if you need anything just ask.

Chris Graeter

Hi Jeff, from another newbie. I too have an ever growing stash but I've recently had a big cull, I should get through what I have left over the next 50 or so years, if I stop getting new kits :)

John

Gentlemen,

(This term is NOT meant as an offense!)

Thank you very much for your encouragement. Hopefully, I will be able to "add" whatever contribution I may to this site. Yes, I gather that "we" all are more "collectors" than "builders" but then, I've also been told that that is part of this hobby so......... we'll all enjoy together.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Welcome Jeff! Every IPMS club I've ever been in had a member (or 3) who we NEVER saw a built model from, so don't worry, you'll fit right in! I think most of also consider ourselves historians on one level or another. Don't be afraid to dip your toes into the forum waters, but watch the rip tides down in the "members" area! :smiley2:

GIL :smiley16:

Hello Gil!

Thank you very much for the welcome. We've met before but you may not remember. You were rather busy at Warner Robins early last month but it was when I was at my first Nationals in Columbus you allowed me to "learn" judging with you. There were four of us; you, a member whom I can't remember, my friend Mike Moore, and me. Oops. Sorry! Didn't mean to frighten you away! (Just kidding - that was for Mike's benefit) Thank you also for your encouragement. I do plan on getting some kits done and I hope the forum(s) will be a big "push" in the right direction.

Jeff

Oh Good Grief!!!

Where is Dennis Tennant when you need him? Dennis, did you really let Lt. Gray register for the forums? Couldn't you at least checked with me first? Duck and cover boys, it's gonna get ugly.

Well, not really, but since he took a gratuitous shot at me in his response to Gil, I felt it my duty as a fellow club member to return the favor. Not to mention Jeff would have thought I wasn't feeling well if I didn't take a shot.

By the way Jeff, how's that garage coming? Getting enough space cleaned out so you can clean out your attic and start building?

Hey, this is cool. Another way to give you crap! AWESOME! Dennis I changed my mind, it's just fine you let him register.

And please, someone ask where the Lt. Gray came from.

Mike

Aaahhhh............ well, I guess I did ask for that. Yeah, I'd probably wonder what was wrong if Mike hadn't responded. I guess SOME of us never learn........

Jeff

Jeff,

As I said in my earlier PM, welcome aboard!

I see Mike M. has already started the welcoming process. smile.gif

Take care,

Dennis

Jeff,

Take care,

Dennis

Dennis,

It's Mike.....could we expect anything less???......babababump!!!!

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Jeff,

Take care,

Dennis

Dennis,

It's Mike.....could we expect anything less???......babababump!!!!

Hey...I've got feelings too. .smiley19.gif

Jeeze. More feelings hurt. This is a national tragedy.

We are a club in dire need of a "sarcasm" emoticon, aren't we?

Jeeze. More feelings hurt. This is a national tragedy.

We are a club in dire need of a "sarcasm" emoticon, aren't we?

Me???? Sarcastic????

Lt. Gray, what say you? Have you EVER known me to be sarcastic?

Dennis, now I'm really hurt, just for that no beer for you from me in Omaha!

Now excuse me while I go cry like...well, this is a family friendly organization (or so I hear)!

Oh, Mark, seems to me we need an emoticon with an Aviator's helmet and goggles before a simple ground pounder's hat!

Oh, Mark, seems to me we need an emoticon with an Aviator's helmet and goggles before a simple ground pounder's hat!

Oh....and you KNOW he will!!!! This is after all IPAMS/USA International Plastic Airplane Modelers Society.......They just allow us Treadheads to hang out here because it won't make them look predujical!! HaHa.

Sigh....you find it, I'll see what I can do....smiley20.gif

What do you mean I have to find it????? What in the blue blazes are we paying you the big bucks for???? LOL

Mark,

You're obviously very emotionally attached to this concept. I wouldn't dare pick the wrong helmet! smiley27.gif

Mike,

Thanks for the offer but I shan't be making the trip to Omaha. Too far, no vacation left. I wasn't referring to your sarcasm, of course, I was referring to the concept of friendly, open, bromantic sarcasm.

Lt. Gray,

It's not too late to run away....I hear the Food Network has a pretty wild forum....

I guess, in that case, I should stop working on the MiniArt Goods Shed, a diorama building, and the 2.8cm sPzB41 Anti Tank Gun?

To make things worse, I just discoverd that a P-400 is actually a P-39! What's with that!?

Oh....and you KNOW he will!!!! This is after all IPAMS/USA International Plastic Airplane Modelers Society.......They just allow us Treadheads to hang out here because it won't make them look predujical!! HaHa.