Hey from Tacoma Washingtion

GaryDavis

Hello from Tacoma,Wa. First Time on this forum and a NEW IPMS member. I've built in scale for 50 some yrs and really enjoy it. In the past 20yrs I've stayed with the Automotive side...mostly racing(NO....NASCAR THOUGH). Alot of the short Track cars, some straight line stuff. The Military side of the scale is where I started when I recieved my first 1/72 plane for my 9th B-DAY. I really don't remember what it was. I do know it was Gray in color though...smiley20.gifI spent 8 yrs( or pretty close to that) in the Army (70-77) and plan on doing a few of the vehicles that I had an importunity to either Train on... or work with. I also like ALL the WWI and WWII airplanes. I plan on doing a few of my Favs in the near future. Right now I'm building a 1/43 36 Ford Modified with a f-150 pull truck and Trailer. Looking forward to seeing some of the GREAT Art work(builds) that Everyone does here.

Welcome aboard Gary! There are a bunch of IPMS members in Tacoma....if you're not in touch with the Green Dragons let me know and we can fix that.

One of my favorite restaurants is in Tacoma. Are you familiar with Anthony's?

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your work!

No................I can fix it NOW!!! Welcome Gary!!! We need car builders in the Green Dragons!!!! Most of us are TANK and planes builders. Shoot me an email at tacomaipms@comcast.net and I can fill you in on all the wonderful things that are Green Dragons!!!! We are meeting this month on the 30th at the PAC distro center on 112th street and Waller road.

Welcome aboard Gary! There are a bunch of IPMS members in Tacoma....if you're not in touch with the Green Dragons let me know and we can fix that.

Hey Dick...Thank you for the WELCOME... Yes I have heard of the Green Dragons. Infact I think That I meet a few guys from the club last weekend at the IPMS Show at Fort Warden, Port Townsend, Wa. Really enjoyed the show and it's A very Cool Place. It really reminded me a lot of North Fort at Ft. Lewis. All wooden buildings and they where kept up nicely.

Anthony's is a good place to eat. Been there a few times myself. I'm a musician and I' ve had the opportunity to eat at A lot of the Restaurants in this area. That one Ranks as a GOOD one. smiley20.gif

No................I can fix it NOW!!! Welcome Gary!!! We need car builders in the Green Dragons!!!! Most of us are TANK and planes builders. Shoot me an email at tacomaipms@comcast.net and I can fill you in on all the wonderful things that are Green Dragons!!!! We are meeting this month on the 30th at the PAC distro center on 112th street and Waller road.

Hey there Mark....Thanks for the WELCOME.... Racecars I've got plenty of(short Track). 112th and Waller is just down the street from me. I live behind PLU on wheeler st. I'll shoot you an email bud...Thanks again...

Gary,

Pleasure is all mine. If we met at Fort Worden....please forgive me for not putting a face to the name. I'll look forward to replying to the email when I get in the man cave. Gotta mow a jungle of a front lawn when I get home first!!!

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gary - Is this the same Gary Davis from Tacoma that I met at the Greater Salt Lake Internationial Model Car Contest? We had some very good talks about Car Modeling and the Army over a few Brews that I really enjoyed! One thing we talked about was Atomic Annie Army Cannon. I understand that Revell is to release the old Renwall odd scale kit of this incredible gun. I got your phone call message on Saturday but I have not been able to call back. My Father-in-Law passed away and we have been busy with that. Welcome to the IPMS and this web site and look forward to talking and seeing you again. Dan King

Hey Dick...Thank you for the WELCOME... Yes I have heard of the Green Dragons. Infact I think That I meet a few guys from the club last weekend at the IPMS Show at Fort Warden, Port Townsend, Wa. Really enjoyed the show and it's A very Cool Place. It really reminded me a lot of North Fort at Ft. Lewis. All wooden buildings and they where kept up nicely.

Anthony's is a good place to eat. Been there a few times myself. I'm a musician and I' ve had the opportunity to eat at A lot of the Restaurants in this area. That one Ranks as a GOOD one. smiley20.gif

You must be the fellow I chatted with at the raffle table. I was the awsomely handsome guy in the yellow cap on the other side of that table. Mark A. can confirm that I am truly and awsomely handsome, by the way.

• 2 months later...

Gary - Is this the same Gary Davis from Tacoma that I met at the Greater Salt Lake Internationial Model Car Contest? We had some very good talks about Car Modeling and the Army over a few Brews that I really enjoyed! One thing we talked about was Atomic Annie Army Cannon. I understand that Revell is to release the old Renwall odd scale kit of this incredible gun. I got your phone call message on Saturday but I have not been able to call back. My Father-in-Law passed away and we have been busy with that. Welcome to the IPMS and this web site and look forward to talking and seeing you again. Dan King

Hey Dan.....Man, was it Great Chatting with you on the phone today!! Thank you for the welcome here too. I'm truley sorry to hear the sad News about your Father-in-law. My condolences.......

You must be the fellow I chatted with at the raffle table. I was the awsomely handsome guy in the yellow cap on the other side of that table. Mark A. can confirm that I am truly and awsomely handsome, by the way.

Ahhhh...I do remember meeting you there. Wasn't you at the Mcminville show last week also? That was a very good show. Man....that Spruce Goose is some what LARGE...isn't it?? LOL I really enjoyed that show too.