Tamiya Brewster Buffalo...

DavidF

Finally finished my Tamiya 1:48 Brewster Buffalo. This is the first kit I've completed in over 3 years and only the fourth or so in 15 years, so I wasn't expecting it to be perfect….and I wasn't disappointed :smiley24: . More mistakes than you can shake a stick at, but even so – feels good to be getting back into the game.

Here it is in all of its imperfect and rather sloppy (IMO) appearance. I consider this to be my 'feet wet' kit and my next (a Hobbyboss 1:48 Wildcat) to be the start of my 'getting my grove back' phase. So please bear with me – I will get it together and improve. :smiley20:

-dave

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Edit: Yep, I know the telescopic site is missing. Thought I could install it last, after final paint. That's what I get for doing my own thinking :smiley24:

Edited by Dave23

Looks good! If you snip off the locating pins you may be able to slide the sight in through the front of the canopy then glue with elmer's or clear part cement.

I'll give it a shot this evening. Thanks!

-dave

The model looks great, but that bench is far to clean! Great job and welcome back to the wonderful world of model building. I did the same thing a few years back after a long lay off. Its a great time to be a plastic kit builder, although a bit more expensive these days.

chris