Bristol Beaufort

FREDDIEM

latest project....Airfix 1/72 Bristol BEAUFORT.....    One of my all time favorite airplanes.  Would love to get a 1/48 scale kit of this plane. hopefully Airfix will do one in this scale.

20220403_193020.jpg

So far, this has been a reasonably easy build. The instructions are very clear. Extremely small amount of flashing. The parts all seem to fit well with only common sense trimming, sanding and adjusting. I am really impressed with Mig Ultra Liquid Mask. I "Hate" masking canopies with tape!  Also, the new blue glue....I wonder why we didn't think of this one sooner. 

20220405_102757.jpg

20220405_102735.jpg

20220405_102728.jpg

20220405_102713.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like it's coming along nicely so far. Well done on the seams. However, I see a possible one just in front of the tail. I could be wrong; it robably is your black colored filler already sanded smooth. I'm still enjoying that interior too!

Here's another update....I like to use black CA to fill seams and then polish them out. If you are sparing with it you can really get a nice finish.  Manicure polishing tools really work well. Just don't let your wife know where they come from...

3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...