In the final thrash for Nat's

PeteJ

I'm pretty sure I am not alone, but I am in the final thrash trying to get everything done for Vegas.  This always happens.  Nothing quite done and only 9 days to the table.

I was think about why I wait to the very end, late last night when I think I arrived at an explanation.  The deadline makes us decide when the project is good enough.  It is not perfect in my eyes but it has to be done, like it or not.  It seems that if I start 2 weeks ago or 2 years ago, there is always something to fix or do better.  Therefore for there comes a point at which it is good enough and I must stop dinking with it. The deadline forces this decision.  

So I guess I can expect a "final thrash" any time I go to a contest.  How about you.  Do you do any different?

It wouldn’t feel like a National if I wasn’t rushing to complete my entries. Even  if I had finished things well in advance, I would then start and try to finish something else in a rush! You are not alone in this. 
Nick

• Thanks 1

Ha ha, I know it!  I had 2 years, but only picked up my project again 2 months ago.  So I’m not the only one.  Thrash on gentlemen (and ladies), and see you in Vegas!

• Haha 1

This year I'm flying in and had to send my entries via a friend. So, this year I had loads of time on my hands before the National. Normally, I'd be up nights trying to make sure I got done in time. Now all I have to do is worry about my friend getting my entries there without breaking them.

Dak