Marine 1779

sprueguy

This is a 1/16th sculpt I've been working on for a long time. Used some extra time off to finish it. The figure is a Marine stationed on "the fighting top" around the 1779 time frame. My painting and photography skills are some what lacking any advice would be welcomed.

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00511.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

Edited by sprueguy
  • Thanks 1

Did I understand you in that this a figure YOU sculpted from scratch?  VERY impressive, if so! Regardless,  I like the slightly slumped stance...it looks natural for someone reaching behind themselves for something while have to balance on object in the other hand. As for the painting, I have almost no experience with figures, and would be proud of the result you've gotten. And as to the photography, the only suggestion I'd make is the same problem I usually have to conquer....more light, and from multiple directions and levels to illuminate all aspects better. Great modeling and thanks for sharing!

Gil :smiley16:

2 hours ago, ghodges said:

Did I understand you in that this a figure YOU sculpted from scratch?  VERY impressive, if so! Regardless,  I like the slightly slumped stance...it looks natural for someone reaching behind themselves for something while have to balance on object in the other hand. As for the painting, I have almost no experience with figures, and would be proud of the result you've gotten. And as to the photography, the only suggestion I'd make is the same problem I usually have to conquer....more light, and from multiple directions and levels to illuminate all aspects better. Great modeling and thanks for sharing!

Gil :smiley16:

Thanks for the advice. It's done with old spue and other scraps of plastic

• 1 year later...