Is this forum dying??

I see several articles here about model car magazine dying, but have

you looked at your last post date here on the model car section...Oct. 15th - YIKES.

Is this forum dying or just gone to sleep :laugh:

On 10/28/2018 at 4:47 PM, EstreetCruiser said:

I see several articles here about model car magazine dying, but have

you looked at your last post date here on the model car section...Oct. 15th - YIKES.

Is this forum dying or just gone to sleep :laugh:

That has been in the back of my mind for a while. MCM's website gets more posts in an hour than IPMS gets in a day most days.  Perhaps the magazine is dying but there website certainly isn't.  My guess is the website is generating enough revenue to keep the magazine afloat.   

Don't bet on it.  Online advertising does not bring in a lot of revenue.

E

2 hours ago, PeteJ said:

That has been in the back of my mind for a while. MCM's website gets more posts in an hour than IPMS gets in a day most days.  Perhaps the magazine is dying but there website certainly isn't.  My guess is the website is generating enough revenue to keep the magazine afloat.   

PeteJ

It could be just the other way around. Maybe subscriptions are keeping both barely solvent.

Just a thought.

Edited by EstreetCruiser

• 4 weeks later...

The Car Truck and Motorcycles part of this forum is a bit sleepy at times, but it will keep going.

Re Model Cars Magazine's website. Yes it is always busy, but not surprising as Model Cars Magazine itself appears to be in terminal decline.

If MCM goes under, maybe the forum will still survive as an independent entity. Who knows? It depends on who the intellectual owner is of the website.

MCM I believe is owned wholly by their editor. The forum may also be his intellectual property, so how this will be affected if the magazine folds is unknown territory. It could be sold on perhaps, or simply left to the moderators to keep it going ad infinitum as a free use forum.