Mark Is

freddietello

Hi guys

I just finished these Master Box 1/72 models, Mark I male/female. very nice kits , easy to build, fits nicely and have some good details. A very pleasant weekend proyect.

Primed with Vallejo colors and some weathering with both Vallejo acrylic washesand AK weathering products, a bit of pigments and a graphite pencil for the polished metal.

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_4239.JPG

IMG_4241.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

IMG_4280.JPG

IMG_4392.JPG

IMG_4402.JPG

IMG_4450.JPG

IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG

IMG_4486.JPG

IMG_4489.JPG

The kit looks to be a quantum leap above the old Airfix one. You did a very nice job with it as well.

One questions, how many parts are there to the driver's cupola? Emhar's is around 3-4, the same as Airfix's and neither fits very well.

thanks for the step by step, very helpful and amazing results!

Just saw one of these at the LHS. Kind of pricey at $29.99. It might have to wait it's place in the production schedule. I'm more into "on time delivery" now a days, inventory-wise.

Absolutely beautiful finishes, especially in such a small scale!

But, I have to admit to a lack of sex education for armor.....what IS the difference between the Mk.I male and female? Or do you need to look underneath them to see? :smiley3:

GIL :smiley16:

The original design had a 6-pdr & an MG in each sponson, for a total of two each - these became known as Males.

When it seemed that there would be a shortage of 6-pdrs, another MG was substituted for each 6-pdr, thus 4 MGs - and known as "Females".

I am not aware there was any particular connotation behind the naming.

However, the first prototype, known as 'Little Willie', evolved into the definitive Mark I prototype, known as 'Mother', which had 6-pdrs, so 'Mother' was a 'Male' :unsure:

You airplane guys lead a sheltered life :D