1925 Ford Model-T Tow Truck

Alyn

Here's some pics of a Model-T chassis I've been working on for a few months. It was started from the AMT Double-T kit, with lots of brass, aluminum and styrene scratch built parts added. The front axle was modified for working steering with brass knuckles, tie rod and drag link. Steering column is an aluminum tube the the brass steering shaft inside, along with brass spark and throttle controls. The battery, muffler and running board bracing were also hand made as were many engine details.

This will eventually be part of a Model-T tow truck.

IMG_6926b.jpg?psid=1

IMG_6917b.jpg?psid=1

IMG_6883b.jpg?psid=1

Edited by Alyn
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you, Bob.

I finished this one up not too long ago and finally got some finished photos suitable for posting

Model-T_tow_truck_RR.jpg?psid=1

scratch built lift boom and related gear, faux painted wooden spokes using artist oils

Model_T_tow_truck_LF_topless.jpg?psid=1

hand made brass radiator cap w/site glass

Model-T_tow_truck_open_door_closeup.jpg?

weather worn leather seat, wooden floor and spark box, all dash and door latch, steering etc scratch built. Real glass windshield

thanks for checking in :)

• Like 1

I am wildly impressed! You list scratchbuilding as one of your specialties. You did yourself proud with this project. Excellent finish on the paint job. Thanks for sharing your skills with us.

Ed

Thanks to you both for the great compliments.

I do hope to have this at in Loveland if the money holds out and work permits a few days off. Colorado is within striking distance of the KC area.

• 2 months later...

​What a GREAT job on this build Thomas! I didn't see it at the NATS in Colorado. If you had it there and I missed it...I will be really disappointed. I think this build would've done well there. Thank you for sharing here on the Forum.

Edited by GaryDavis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Love to know the details on the boom & other extras on the rear. Looks period perfect!