OOP Palmer its

I loved building these models.

Palmer went OOB in 1972, but the kits were reboxed a number of times after. They are in the long forgotten world of models companies now, except kits will sometimes show on ebay.

Edited by sumterIII

Some were re-released as Encore kits and Life LIke as well.

The Gatling gun is really cool. I once did it all in white and brass as they were embarked on US ships at the turn of the 20th century.

no matter what kit you get there may be missing parts if the box is open. I scratch built a number of missing items. The Naval gun was the most fun after removing the brass plating. The Civil War cannon required far more work. The wheels had massive sink holes that sucked up half tube of my testors putty. The Revolutionary war gun carriage matched pretty well with the few examples I saw in Camden SC. No scale is given (I guess you can say they are box scale), instructions said they were built from plan documents. Not sure what set of plans or where they came from. The Naval gun has a Spanish design gun and an American or British truck. The Civil War gun is a mountain howitzer. I used a brass tube to fill the bore of the Naval and Civil War guns. The Revolution was left as is with the brass plate. There are metal chains and rope provided as well. All in all great kits, fun to build and a fine display when finished.

My three were all the original Palmer kits packaged as in the pictures.

Edited by sumterIII