All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. F/S two World War II U.S. Navy amphibians You will get 1. Minicraft PBM-5 Mariner sealed 2. Monogram 6837 HU-16B Albatross. Open some parts off sprues put into ziplock. 40.00 plus shipping takes em both. I take PayPal or will also take money order or personal check for those still wishing to use those methods. check must clear before kit is shipped. Please contact me via email do not use the p.m. function here, please oh please.... Contact licin (at) comcast.net Thanks Max Bryant Illinois
  3. Like Dave M. The oldest thing I am trying to save is Me! Now kit wise I guess it would be an old Lindberg Flying Saucer. The one they used in Plan 9 From Outer Space as the FX model... Max Bryant
  4. Thank you very much Gil. Regards Christopher
  5. Amazing paint job John. This is one interesting build too. Regards Christopher
  6. My model is the Italeri 1/72 scale Fiat CR-32 Chirri." It represents an aircraft assigned to XXIII Grupo Caccia, Aviazione Legionaria. The unit was led by Lieutenant Colonel Andrea Zotti and based at Puig Moreno, Spain, June-July 1938. The unit formed part of the Italian contingent fighting for the Nationalist cause during the Spanish Civil War. I used the Osprey Fiat CR-32 Aces of the Spanish Civil War (Aircraft of the Aces 94) for inspiration; profile 28. I wanted to model Zotti's aircraft; he flew "3-4", but I only had the decals for "3-6". The model was built out-of-the-box except for the rigging. Took me 3-months to figure out I can't paint Italian camouflage with an airbrush freehand and another 3-months and a lot of Tamiya tape to manage that effort. I enjoyed the build; never worked harder to complete a model...
  7. Anybody know of a source for a 48th scale flightline tug. I'm playing with the idea of a ramp diorama as a "base" on which to display various aircraft. I thought Aerobonus would have a tug/tractor with all the trailer/support items they produce but can't find anything.
  8. Hi, Mark, I've been wondering when you would get back to this while you crank out dozens of small armor and military softskin vehicles. Great job on a difficult project. Your finish looks good in the photos on an OOB build. If there is any criticism out there, it should only come from those who have actually built this critter and know what challenges you had to wrestle through. As for what to do with it, it looks like you will be building another Dora-sized carry box. Thanks for sharing. Ed
  9. Yesterday
  10. What a super looking build and a very well posed scene too! Love the scheme you chose....later war when they started re-applying camo over the Mustangs delivered in NMF. Congrats, and thanks for letting us ride along! GIL
  11. invariably, the list of "New Forum Posts" duplicates those listed under "Reviews." Do we really need to be told TWICE about new reviews? Is there a way to fix this so that reviews are listed only once and other new posts are listed in the New Forums Post category?
  12. I have updated my 1/350 US Navy Modern Aircraft Carrier Hangar Bay Decal Sets. You can now purchase them by the ship name. These include all signs, logos, and safety stripes needed to highly detail the hangar bays. Free shipping Worldwide. Check out the decals at https://davidsscalemodels.com/decals/modern-carrier-hangar-bay-decals/ USS Nimitz and USS Enterprise samples:
  13. Be aware that ordering the kit direct from Horizon will entail a postage fee. Horizon is located in Australia. Also note that Horizon is offering reduced pricing for their other 1/72nd scale spacecraft kits. The kit instructions can be downloaded at https://www.horizon-models.com/1-72-redstone-launcher Horizon Models has, in the last few years, has established itself as a source of superior models of launch vehicles for both unmanned and manned space flight. The Redstone Launcher will be my third Horizon model and hopefully, it will not be my last. This, kit, however, is the final release in the Redstone series according to Tony Radosevic, the Managing Director or Horizon Models. read more View the full article
  14. Caracal Models is one of the leaders in aviation decals offered in 1/32, 1/48, 1/72 and 1/144 scale with many unique subjects never offered before now. The KC-10 is not a new subject, however it has been a long time since this subject has been available. With that being noted, older decals may not be reliable and the quality of printing is also in question. Printed by Cartograph, the single sheet is printed perfectly with the small markings are very fine and easy to read. Markings included from unit markings at March, Travis, Barksdale, McGuire and Seymour-Johnson. With these six different markings, there are three different color schemes with a clear guide on the time frame the color applies to. There are instructions consist of eight color sheets that clearly show placement of markings for the six subjects. The instructions indicate the correct FS paint colors for each aircraft and easy to distinguish where each color is applied. There is a note on a suggested FS blue color which is the one used on the decal sheet so those two will match. read more View the full article
  15. Thanks a lot John for that correction. That’s something that can be easily fixed. I want things to be as accurate as possible. Regards Christopher
  16. Super build, very nicely done. I would comment on only one thing, and that is the propeller stand. The root of the propeller blade is the most highly stressed area and it is unusual to see a propeller resting on any part of the blade. The usual method is to use a spline that matches the one on the engine and mount it to the top of the stand to hold the propeller hub.
  17. Last week
  18. Every chance I get but with my income, I'm lucky to attend the western ones when they come out here. The furthest east I attended was Columbus, but my brother lived there so I saved a bundle on lodging, making it easier to go. Chattanooga will be the furthest east I attend without family to fall back on; that is if I make it. The cost and logistics will be very challenging for me but I'm working the problem now.
  19. Thanks very much for the kind comments Mark! I really appreciate it. Would love to make it to the Nationals . Looks like a fantastic time. How often do you try and attend? Regards Christopher
  20. This publication is one from a series of books covering the Mercedes Benz SL series by Veloce Publishing. It is a 208 page hardcover book, printed in 25cm x 25cm (9.75" x 9.75") format. Publication date was February, 2015. Other publications in this series are: Mercedes Benz SL R130 Series 1989-2001 Mercedes Benz SL & SLC 107 Series 1971-1989 Mercedes Benz SLK R170 Series 1996-2004 read more View the full article
  21. David Doyle's latest book is one of the latest entries in the 'Legends of Warfare' series with entries in Ground, Naval, and Aviation. The first Ground book focused on the Panzerkampfwagen IV, the first Naval book was on the USS Yorktown (CV-5), and the first two Aviation books were are on the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk (#4) and Douglas TBD Devastator (#3). This tome is the ninth release in the Legends of Warfare - Ground series. read more View the full article
  22. Background Originally conceived and developed as a carrier-based fighter for the United States Navy, the F4U Corsair was initially adopted by the US Marine Corps as a dependable and extremely lethal land-based fighter-bomber. The Corsair's unique and innovative configuration incorporated engine oil coolers in the inboard wing sections, with the resulting airflow through them making an unmistakable whistling sound, audible over the sound of the engine and firing of its guns. So predominant and unnerving was this sound to the Japanese forces on the receiving end of Corsair wrath that they dubbed the Corsair "Whistling Death." Designed and manufactured by Chance Vought under the designation F4U and license built by Goodyear as FG-1, Corsairs became the staple of Marine Corps fighter units in the Pacific Theatre from 1942 until the end of World War II in 1945. Rugged, fast, dependable, and robustly armed, Corsairs continued service as fighter-bombers into the jet age through the Korean War. read more View the full article
  23. When I was around 10-11 years old, I got into a small-scale armor kick. The local shop carried Airfix kits and I built a lot of their kits at the time. The first time I built the M3 Half Track it was an MPC release in their Battle of the Bulge Historama kit. Fast forward 45, cough, years later and Airfix is rereleasing many of their kits under their Vintage Classics range. The kit appears to be the exact same plastic first released in 1966 including the 1 Ton Trailer. The kit includes 54 parts molded in an OD plastic. There is a bit of flash but what would you expect from a set of molds almost older than me. The kit includes some nice detail, a driver and one of the nicest small scale .50 caliber machine guns. Decals are included for a M3A1 during Operation Overlord. More about them later. The color scheme is shown in full color in the instructions. Other than that change, the instructions look like they did when I first built it. read more View the full article
  24. With the development of the Panther and the Tiger 1 the Germans came to the realization that they needed an armored recovery vehicle that could handle the weight of these larger vehicles. MAN was originally tasked converting Panther Ds for use in this capacity. The vehicles selected for conversion had the turret removed and replaced with a central 40-ton winch and a large rear spade to dig the vehicle in. A wooden work platform was built over the winch and a light crane (1500 kgs capacity) was installed on the rear deck. For armament, a 2cm KwK-30 cannon was mounted on the front along with the standard machine gun. This new kit from Meng is the first new modern kit of this interesting vehicle and the first release of this vehicle since the old Italeri kit from the mid-1990s. read more View the full article
  25. Glad to have you here with us Thom! Hope you do find a local group soon, as that should add to the fun even more. GIL
  26. Thom, Welcome to IPMS USA! If you want to find a "local" group, you can go to the IPMS USA Home page. At the top is a blue bar. Click on "ABOUT". A menu should appear Click on "Chapter Map". Enter Region 5 and Illinois. There's also a meeting listing for the current month. I could also send you a copy (PDF) of a couple of the Chicago area chapters. If you're interested, email me at IPMS-Q@ipmsusa.org Jim Pearsall
  27. My regular First Order TIE fighter arrived. It looks as nice as the Special Forces one. I wonder if they make Rylo Ren's TIE from the second movie? I know Revell did the lights one, but Bandai's would be much better.
  28. The Hawker Tempest Mk V was a follow-on fighter from the Typhoon. It proved to be a superb mid to low level fighter and ground attack aeroplane. This is Eduard's brand new mold of the Tempest and effectively puts their older (but still very acceptable) model, Cat 1169, out to pasture. This is the ProfiPACK which includes color photo etch, masks for the canopy, wheels, lights and walkways, as well as a nice in register decal sheet and a high quality paper instruction book. The ProfiPACK provides the modeler with just about everything needed to build a very nice model out of the box. For this build review, I also used Eduard's resin wheels, exhaust pipes, "Look" instrument panel, steel seat belts and gun bays. For whatever reason, several parts had separated from the sprue trees and some were separated or broken. I have other Eduard kits where everything was intact, so this damage may have occurred in transit somewhere with the extra mailing of the review kit. Everything was repairable. read more View the full article
  1. Load more activity