Star Trek with Star Wars details...

I was wondering. Has anyone ever done a Star Trek ship with Star Wars details? What I mean is, has anyone ever scratchbuilt a Enterprise A-E and then gave it a Star Wars style detailing? I would like to see pics or concept drawings even.

Thanks

/Matt

Oooo.....I have a feeling that you've manage to simultaneously offend TWO different universes! :smiley18:

Although I do wonder who'd win a hand-to-hand battle between a Klingon and a Sith lord...... :smiley17:

Yea...it's all SCiFi, but I my experience with both camps shows them to be as serious about their models as any Luftwaffe-holic or tread-head! What you describe would be more like putting Anime camo on an F-15......Hey! Hasn't that been done!? :smiley29:

GIL :smiley16:

Not trying to offend anyone. Just wanted to see the Enterprise with the type of surface detail you would see on the Millenium Falcon or Star Destroyer.

Edited by DrRockso

Oooo.....I have a feeling that you've manage to simultaneously offend TWO different universes! :smiley18:

Although I do wonder who'd win a hand-to-hand battle between a Klingon and a Sith lord...... :smiley17:

Have you ever seen the movie Fan Boys? It includes a fight between groups of Star Trek and Star Wars fans. The screenplay was written by a SciFi fan who gets all the details right. Definitely worth a rental!

Don

I remember when I was younger, one of the off brand Atari 2600 game manufacturers used to use photos of kit bashed sci-fi models painted silver as the box art to their video games. You'd see star destroyers mated with Cylon base stars, Cylon raiders with Enterprise engine nacelles, etc. Neat stuff.

Found one of the boxart designs via Google. As a youngster, I shuddered at the thought of taking such nice kits and bashing them together.

Star_Voyager_-_1982_-_Imagic.jpg

Hehehe Cool idea. The SW Universe is so huge that pretty much and ship design that doesn't have a saucer shape could fit into SW. :smiley2:

But the only way to SW-tize a Trek ship would simply give it the affiliation "colors" of the side your modeling i.e. the Enterprise with the red stripes down the length of the nacelles...

I've been thinking about how I could do this recently. Maybe adding details from other models. But the smaller "In-Universe" size of the Star Trek ships makes it hard. I would have to use pieces off of hotwheel cars to add any proper scale detailing. But thats also one thing Ive never liked about Star Trek ships. They really are so small. The actual volume of a TOS enterprise cant be more than a 2-3 story building where as a Star Destroyer is probably equal to the Sears tower... Notice I didnt call it the Willis Tower?

• 3 weeks later...

watch the movie zapped there is a scene when Scott Baio first gets his powers he floats a model spaceship around his room the model spaceship looks like a early concept for the NX-01 but for the ship the used the amt millenium falcon without the sidewalls and a pair of amt refit nacelles and supports

Matt - I would really like to see a Star Trek Model of The DEV Eagle Valley, a Federation DY-950-class Starship used for planetary colonization of "The Ficus Sector" in the late 22nd Century. In 2183 this ship was under the Command of Captian Dan King. This vessel appeared on jean Luc Picards monitor and on a wall plaque in TNG episode "Up the Long Ladder" . It also mentioned Captian Gary Loes of SS Hatteras. When this appeared on Next Generation I was Nationial marketing Manager of Sony Computer Displays and Gary was Senior Application Engineer. Micheal Okuda contated me to see if we could adapt our very new and advanced High Resolution Trinitron Computer Monitors to be used for on screen filming on the Bridge set of the USS Enterprise. Gary was able to engineer a method to this and we prorvided many Monitors to Mike Okuda that were modified for this use. It enabled them to have actors interact with the scrren without using expensive "blue screen" post production special effects. Gary and I were able to spend many hours on the Star Trek set. He thanked us by doing this "OkudaGram" on Up the Long ladder epoisode. So I guess that makes me an Official Star Trek Captian, but I try not to let it go to my head! I have been waiting patiently for years for someone to do a model of DEV Eagle Valley, but so ar no luck. I guess I may need to scratch build a model of my own StarShip one of these days. You can find info on this on www. ex-astris-scientia.org under " Civilian Federation Ship Classes", there is picture on plaque with my name on it. Dan King