My Armor Projects For '09 Updated 7-13-09

Mark Deliduka

Now on for more progress on my Armor.... or should I say Artillery?

Here are the pics of ACE's little gems. Now I have them painted and it looks as though I'll be finishing these up in no time.

This one is ACE's M-101 105mm artillery piece:

WIP%20M101%20d.JPG

WIP%20M101%20e.JPG

Now for a bit more modern piece. This is ACE's M102 105mm lightweight gun:

WIP%20M102%20b.jpg

WIP%20M102%20c.jpg

Both of these were painted with Tamiya Olive Drab in a spraycan that I had left over. Thought I'd just try and finish that can off. I still have some.

Next is Italeri's "90/53 gun and Servants" ( Love that title! :D ) I got it all painted up in WWII Italian camo green by Polly Scale. Neat little model even though it's all semi-soft plastic:

WIP%20Italian%2090mm%20Gun%20II.JPG

WIP%20Italian%2090mm%20Gun%20III.JPG

I had also started a German gun but hadn't gotten enough progress done to justify pics. Next post.

Well, that's about all I have to show for now. Maybe I'll have more finished by tonight. Meanwhile, comments are welcome. Thanks all for looking....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now on for more progress on my Armor.... or should I say Artillery?

Here are the pics of ACE's little gems. Now I have them painted and it looks as though I'll be finishing these up in no time.

This one is ACE's M-101 105mm artillery piece:

Mark "Iron Duke"

I just finished looking at your finished artillery and I must say, you have quite a building talent. I got some new glasses but have another vision problem. Hopefully the VA in Buffalo will have some treatments that will keep me going till I finish my 1/72 armor. I have some car models that I'm working on that is keeping my mind going for now, but the armor is going to be worked on soon. I'm afraid that Columbus is going to be a wash out due to finances. We'll have to get together somehow and rattle some notes around about small armor. Have fun in Columbus and take lots of pictures of small scale armor. I would like to see more than just the few shown in the Journal, ya know. Anyway, take care and have a ball. :smiley20:

WIP%20M101%20d.JPG

WIP%20M101%20e.JPG

Now for a bit more modern piece. This is ACE's M102 105mm lightweight gun:

WIP%20M102%20b.jpg

WIP%20M102%20c.jpg

Both of these were painted with Tamiya Olive Drab in a spraycan that I had left over. Thought I'd just try and finish that can off. I still have some.

Next is Italeri's "90/53 gun and Servants" ( Love that title! :D ) I got it all painted up in WWII Italian camo green by Polly Scale. Neat little model even though it's all semi-soft plastic:

WIP%20Italian%2090mm%20Gun%20II.JPG

WIP%20Italian%2090mm%20Gun%20III.JPG

I had also started a German gun but hadn't gotten enough progress done to justify pics. Next post.

Well, that's about all I have to show for now. Maybe I'll have more finished by tonight. Meanwhile, comments are welcome. Thanks all for looking....

Thanks Dave. I'm sorry to be missing you in Columbus, but I'll be sure to get quite a few pics of small scale armor too. I agree, the Journal doesn't seem to put too many of them in. Thanks for the great reply and maybe someday we can hook up.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my little ACE sIG 33 Infantry Gun that I started a couple weeks ago. I finished the assembly today and now it is ready for paint.

WIP%20Infantry%20Gun%20II.JPG

WIP%20Infantry%20Gun%20III.JPG

That's about all the progress on my armor so far. I didn't get much done on my four Pattons; just a bit of sanding and that's it. I was working on my helicopters and some ships instead. Feel free to check them out in their respective Forums.

Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Dukinator, YOU.....are a plastic model building machine. Cool stuff. You rock!

Thanks Ken! I appreciate it. I got ten more projects going; feel free to check out the rest in the Aircraft and Ships forums.

Nice interior details on the TOW shooter. Are those done per the kit, or did you come up with it?

Thanks Von. The interior detail came with the Dragon kit. I left a little out of the one with the closed hatch, but since they gave me so much, I felt I had to have one hatch open to show all that great detail!

Thanks again for the great comments guys!

Well, another day, another couple hours on the bench.

I started two new projects because I'd seen one of them finished, and two other people are building a version of the other one and so I got motivated to get started on mine.

The first model I got started on was the RPM 1/72 scale Staghound Mk II. Only got the main hull built up. Not too much done but it is started:

WIP%20Br%20Staghound%20I.JPG

The fit is a bit rough, but I'll make it work.

Meanwhile, I've been watching as two other people are building Dragon's 1/72 scale halftracks. They looked good so I pulled out my halftrack and got started on it. The lower hull is done and half of the interior:

WIP%20Sdkfz%20251%20I.JPG

WIP%20Sdkfz%20251%20II.JPG

I had also started an old PST 1/72 scale KV I 'Ekranami' which basically is a KV I with bolted-on extra armor. Here it is with the upper hull and turret completed along with the lower hull. Now I need to add the roadwheels.

WIP%20KV1%20Ekranami%20I.JPG

Now for the models I've been working on.

In addition to sanding some seams on my helicopters, I managed to get some work done on two of my four Pattons. The M-60 A3 with the Dozer Blade is done (except for tracks) and ready for paint. I even built the Dozer attachment for installation later. Oh, and the Dozer blade articulates!

Here it is:

WIP%20M60%20Dozer%20II.JPG

One of my two M-60's with ERA got all the roadwheels on it except the drive sprockets. I didn't get a chance to get that far on the other one though:

WIP%20M60_s%20with%20ERA%20II.JPG

Well, that's about all I have for now. Maybe I'll get some more progress done tomorrow, l don't know. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.