SF3D/MaK3000 Nutcracker

BryanKrueger

I was pretty excited when I heard that Hasegawa was going to release a 1/35 Nutcracker(Nutrocker) hover tank from the SF3D/Maschinen Krieger series. I was even more excited when I starting seeing photos of it and the sprues at the trade shows. Needless to say, when the kit arrived, I wasted no time in putting it together. It took me about 10 months between home projects to complete but I am finally posting pictures of the Nutcracker.

A brief history - The Nutcracker is from the scifi series SF3D/Maschinen Krieger created by Kow Yokoyama. It is an unmanned automated hover tank designed to fill in a weapon gap while the SDR where fighting the Mercenary Army. If you need a SF3D/MaK refresher course, check this timeline The Nutcraker design originally appeared in 1982 as a 1/20 scale full scratchbuld in Hobby Japan magazine. Nitto released a 1/76 scale version which was OK. There have since been numerous 1/35, 1/48, and even 1/20 scale resin garage kits but this is the first 1/35 injection molded kit of the NR.

The kit goes together like a dream with a high part count to keep even tread heads happy. I only replaced a few items with mesh and wire and added some additional details because I was having fun with it.

nc01.jpg

nc08.jpg

nc05.jpg

nc11.jpg

nc12.jpg

nc10.jpg

Additional images and Build Diary can be found here: 1/35 Nutcracker

From MK.com to viewing your work on Timelines and now lucky enough to see the work on the IPMS forum.

Welcome Bryan...

I hope that people who frequent this board will appreciate your website and the information you share.

Your techniques can be applied to many different genres in the hobby.

Fantastic work on the Nutcracker dio (or oversized vignette).

Glad to see you here...

Best,

Kevin

Mark, Gil, Kevin- Thanks guys. This is my first post here, so thanks for the warm welcome.

Kevin - Yeah, part of my motivation is to show that sci-fi models don't have to look all "sci-fi-y" does that makes sense.? By applying "realistic weathering" and placing them in a familiar setting, a sci-fi kit becomes more acceptable to those that wouldn't normally look at these things. My other motivation is that the designs are so cool I plan to keep building them for quite a while. Considering the kit stash, good thing I don't plan on changing genres soon. laugh.gif

Your techniques can be applied to many different genres in the hobby.

I apply the finishes of many differ genres to my kits, so I guess it all goes round and round.