Forums offline this weekend.

Hi Folks,

The Forums, as well as the Review, Voting, and Gallery, will be offline this weekend.

We've managed to outgrow our current web server, so we are migrating to something more powerful.

I will be putting the various site into maintenance mode today (May 20) so the sysadmisn can make the move. I will also need to update the DNS settings - this translates the URL 'ipmsusa3.org' into the server address. This change may take several days to propagate across the internet. I think we should be fully back up on Monday.

Sorry for the short notice, but its tricky trying to coordinate this with the web hosting company.

Thanks,

Eric

Oh sure........Tomorrow is Armed Forces Day......lots of Military wheeled and tracked vehicle pictures to upload and you go and take the galleries offline! If this was an AIRSHOW weekend, I know the galleries would still be up. I know this is an Anti-TreadHead plot!!!!!!

Eric, keep up the great work with all that you do to make us a better and more enjoyable place!!!

:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

Yah, the timing is not great - I've still not got a confirmation that they company will do the migration tomorrow, but I am gonna proceed along those lines.

E

Eric,

Ya gotta work with what they give you! Give me something to do during lunch next week!

Eric, thanks for the heads up. Also, I want to add my thanks for all you do as well. Guess I'll be doing alot of building this weekend since I'll have no Forums to visit!

Thanks again for keeping us all posted. Another good reason for members to get hooked up on face book and join! We knew when we were down and up again!!! Thanks again for all the hard work you do!!!

Edited by Mark Aldrich

We're having an issue sending mail from the new server - so folks may not be getting email notices about private messages or replies to topics on the Forums.

I'm working on fixing it..

Eric