Model Masters Primer?

AKPilot

Am using acrylics for a variety of reasons. Have found a Hobby Store in the area that carries the Model Masters (MM) acrylics (this'll be for an aircraft).

Can anyone suggest what type of primer to use, so it's compatible?

LHS doesn't carry the MM primer.

I don't desire to go to/use enamels. Tks

Tamiya makes a primer in white and grey. I've had no trouble with any kind of paint over it. It is however hit and miss as far as availability. Something to do with labeling issues. Same thing happened with thier putty. Anyway, its a great primer if you find it.

Chris

Over the past week, I've searched both of our good local hobby stores (StL; Mark Twain and Schaeffers) all to no avail.

I still can't find any, dedicated, acrylic primer. Is there anywhere on line to order it from?

Here's the scoop, my wife bought me a very nice, large, in-door, spray booth for my hobby area. On the condition that I quit using enamels, lacquers, or other smelly stuff.

To me, finding an acrylic primer is a small price, for such a thoughtful woman!

Just a thought Troy.....

Priming doesn't really need the controls that the finish painting does. You can spray a coat of primer onto parts out in the garage or on the back porch (outside of the living/breathing spaces of your home) very easily. If this could be done, you can use ANY primer (spray can, enamel, lacquer, etc.) that you want to. This may not be an ideal solution, but it may allow you to buy something that is locally available now and keep build models until you can find an acrylic primer you can use in your booth. Best of luck!

GIL :smiley16: