Panoz Esperante GT-R1

So here is my latest project. I've got an itch for 1/43 a while ago so I'm scratching it with this nice little kit from Renaissance (France)

This car is from the 24 hours of Lemans '97.

The kit is mostly resin: body, chassis & interior bits. It has brass & nickel PE, some white metal and turned aluminum parts for a fairly detailed build in this scale.

Picture001-vi.jpg

Picture003-vi.jpg

Edited by Beer30

Another masterpiece in the making. I like to watch you work. Thanks for sharing.

Chris

What kind of paint did you use? The finish looks very smooth.

The paint did come out very smooth. Thanks. No polishing required.

It is testors enamel. The little square bottles. I take a 3oz jar (badger airbrush) dump in the whole bottle then refill the paint bottle with testors thinner twice and add it to the big bottle. No substituting a cheaper thinner! Finally since this paint dries slowly I have a drying chamber that really make more difference than you might imagine. It is a small electric de-humidifier in the bottom of a cabinet. I posted a pic of the one I use here before.

I use this black all the time for alclad chrome base so I always have a supply of pre thinned gloss black on hand but I follow the same formula for any gloss color coat when using testors enamel. They have given me my two best finishes in my collection. Both laid down like glass from the start and niether required polishing.

NOTE TO SELF: stop trying other techniques and stick with what works.