REVELL B-1B back dated to B-1A version in 1/48 !

Jmarc

Hi !

Using the REVELL ROCKWELL B-1B 1/48 kit , I back dated it to the B-1A version in late 80' ,with the time the white paint got yellow and decided it was time to gave it a little love , using more pic available on the net on this version I upgrade it and repainted it  !.. So here it is ...First you have it in is original white yellowish  and the upgrade version !

If you like to view more and the WIP of the upgrade , I have made an GOOGLE page for this project , here the link:

https://goo.gl/photos/QkeSiGZuvcRfG7yV7

Enjoy 

Jmarc

DSCF2995.JPG

image004.jpg

image012.jpg

image009.jpg

• Like 3

I want to say that the B-1 kit was originally issued as a B-1A in one of the flight test schemes. Nice to see yours has found its roots. 

Thank you gentleman Iit's quite appreciated !..Well the original REVELL issue had the decal for the A version but the kit is not it's was a B-1B set up !..it made an interesting project and still is  since I,m working on one with the sand scene ! 

image001.jpg

DSCF7858.JPG

DSCF6987.JPG

DSCF9196.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the update on the ongoing B-1A HYBRID ..Youl'le notice there is only one image available  you can view more of the update picture of the projects on the Google link !

(AUG 17th  ) .. Today , I continue detailing the left side electronic bay !

If you like to help out on this projet I need these ... :

from the REVELL 1/48 B-1 LANCER stenciling for the WHITE prototype aircraft, this was on the decal sheet of the first edition of the B-1 kit.. I,m also seeking the NOSE GEAR ,LEFT STABILIZER + CREW LADDER parts .. used parts are welcome as long they are useable !

A big thank you for helping out , without your help I won't be able to do a good job on the project !... 

..If you like to view more WIP of this project and 2 other 1/48 B-1 bombers ,This is 'PHASE 2' by the way follow this Google link  

Enjoy and it's an 'rendez-vous' next week for more on this particular project..!.

Jmarc

DSCF5299.JPG

Edited by Jmarc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 5:14 PM, Bradley25mm said:

Amazing work! Look forward to seeing your progress. That’s one big model.

Chris

TTTTTTTThank you , you are way to kind ,, I'm on a modeling rooster of 62 projects, I'll get back on it shortly ! 

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the update on the ongoing B-1A HYBRID ..

(SEPT 27th  ) .. Today , I completed the detailing of right side electronic bay and done the repair on the capsule bulkhead !

from the REVELL 1/48 B-1 LANCER stenciling for the WHITE prototype aircraft, this was on the decal sheet of the first edition of the B-1 kit.. I,m also seeking the NOSE GEAR ,LEFT STABILIZER + CREW LADDER parts .. used parts are welcome as long they are useable !

A big thank you for helping out , without your help I won't be able to do a good job on the project !... 

..If you like to view more WIP of this project and 2 other 1/48 B-1 bombers ,This is 'PHASE 2' by the way follow this Google link  

Enjoy 

Jmarc

DSCF6372.JPG

DSCF6373.JPG

DSCF6374.JPG

Edited by Jmarc
  • Like 2

You are working on three 1/48 B-1s?! You're a madman!!!

BC5-A9-D2-B-08-FF-4116-B9-E1-C7-AAC50-E7

I remember seeing them out at Edwards AFB back then. Such a huge aircraft!

15 hours ago, Stikpusher said:

You are working on three 1/48 B-1s?! You're a madman!!!

BC5-A9-D2-B-08-FF-4116-B9-E1-C7-AAC50-E7

I remember seeing them out at Edwards AFB back then. Such a huge aircraft!

NNNNNNNNNNNice pic you have taken !.. Well, I have completed one, the second as to be updated with new engine exhaust ..and the third one is on the go !.. that what my wife says !..lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is the update on the ongoing B-1A HYBRID ..Youl'le notice there is only one image available  you can view more of the update picture of the projects on the Google link !

(OCT 31st  ) .. Today , I repair the joint on the bottom nose section and open some panels !

Enjoy and it's an 'rendez-vous' next week for more on this particular project..!.

Jmarc

DSCF6977.JPG

DSCF6978.JPG

DSCF6979.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

(NOV 23th  ) .. Today , I sanded the work done last time and continue to repair the front fuselage section  !

from the REVELL 1/48 B-1 LANCER stenciling for the WHITE prototype aircraft, this was on the decal sheet of the first edition of the B-1 kit.. I'm also seeking the NOSE GEAR ,LEFT STABILIZER + CREW LADDER parts .. used parts are welcome as long they are useable !

Jmarc

DSCF7383.JPG

DSCF7384.JPG

DSCF7385.JPG

DSCF7386.JPG

DSCF7387.JPG

DSCF7388.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

(DEC 20th  ) .. Today , I sanded the work done last time , repair the damage leading edge and start to cut out panel under the capsule bay  !

from the REVELL 1/48 B-1 LANCER stenciling for the WHITE prototype aircraft, this was on the decal sheet of the first edition of the B-1 kit.. I'm also seeking the NOSE WINGLETS + NOSE GEAR ,LEFT TAIL STABILIZER + CREW LADDER parts .. used parts are welcome as long they are useable !

Jmarc

DSCF7836.JPG

DSCF7835.JPG

DSCF7832.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

(FEB 06th  ) .. Today , I continue cutting some more access panels but had a mist app that will need some attention later on   !

from the REVELL 1/48 B-1 LANCER stenciling for the WHITE prototype aircraft, this was on the decal sheet of the first edition of the B-1 kit.. I'm also seeking the NOSE WINGLETS + NOSE GEAR ,LEFT TAIL STABILIZER + CREW LADDER parts .. used parts are welcome as long they are useable !

Jmarc

DSCF8528.JPG

DSCF8529.JPG

DSCF8530.JPG

DSCF8531.JPG

• Like 1

Fantastic project -You Are The Man!

I'm building one wings-back, inflight, so you can have the nose gear and ladder bits (except for the hatch itself), if that helps. Do you need the wheels/tires too? Or just the L/G strut parts? Send me a PM with your mailing address, as desired. 

Edited by VonL

21 hours ago, VonL said:

Fantastic project -You Are The Man!

I'm building one wings-back, inflight, so you can have the nose gear and ladder bits (except for the hatch itself), if that helps. Do you need the wheels/tires too? Or just the L/G strut parts? Send me a PM with your mailing address, as desired. 

Glad you like the project ..Wow that will be quite something to see hanging from the ceiling .. Super , PM as ben sent  thank a million for your help ! 

• 4 weeks later...

(FEB 29th  ) .. Today , I continue the work in the side access panels   !

from the REVELL 1/48 B-1 LANCER stenciling for the WHITE prototype aircraft, this was on the decal sheet of the first edition of the B-1 kit.. I'm also seeking the NOSE WINGLETS LEFT TAIL STABILIZER .. used parts are welcome as long they are useable !

Jmarc

DSCF8984.JPG

DSCF8985.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

(APR 23th  ) .. Today , I continue the work in the side access panels and remove the wings   !

from the REVELL 1/48 B-1 LANCER stenciling for the WHITE prototype aircraft, this was on the decal sheet of the first edition of the B-1 kit.. I'm also seeking the NOSE WINGLETS + LEFT TAIL STABILIZER .. used parts are welcome as long they are useable !

Jmarc

DSCF9786.JPG

DSCF9787.JPG

DSCF9788.JPG

DSCF9789.JPG

DSCF9790.JPG

DSCF9791.JPG