The Finished Spitfire

Dakimbrell

The name plates I make on the computer at home. Sometimes I use the Microsoft Publisher program and sometimes a greeting card publisher program picked up Office Depot. I actually got the idea some 15 years back from John Charvat of AMPS.

I print it on photo paper and then cover it with laminate material or clear packing tape. Once cut out of the paper, the edge was colored with a marker to match the background. (Cover it before cutting it out of the paper.)

It was then glued onto the base with clear Elmer's glue.

I also use the same program to make a sign for a diorama, too.

Dak

FINISHED_0940.jpg

FINISHED_0949.jpg

On 4/25/2023 at 7:31 PM, Dakimbrell said:

The name plates I make on the computer at home. Sometimes I use the Microsoft Publisher program and sometimes a greeting card publisher program picked up Office Depot. I actually got the idea some 15 years back from John Charvat of AMPS.

I print it on photo paper and then cover it with laminate material or clear packing tape. Once cut out of the paper, the edge was colored with a marker to match the background. (Cover it before cutting it out of the paper.)

It was then glued onto the base with clear Elmer's glue.

I also use the same program to make a sign for a diorama, too.

Dak

FINISHED_0940.jpg

FINISHED_0949.jpg

Thanks, man, I appreciate it.

• 4 months later...

Lovely build sir. The weathering you did on the underside just behind the prop looks so real. How was the Kotare kit overall? I've been wanting to build a Spitfire for my English father-in law and I have the Tamiya 1/48 mk 1 in my stash but I haven't build a 1/32 scale bird in a while.