The Duke's Motor Pool in 2021

Mark Deliduka

Okay, I'll start by offering a warning that the following pics are gonna be large, so please have patience. I left them large to hopefully allow for more detail to be seen. 

Ever since I'd broken the 800-model milestone; I've been wanting to bring my entire collection of Braille Scale Armor down to our Hobby Day Hall and set it up for pictures and display. That would also allow me to add all the armor models I'd finished since the last time I'd set this up in Chattanooga. So, this past weekend, I had that opportunity and was able to keep the collection on display for three days. I gotta say, it sure felt fantastic to see this whole collection all set out on the tables! 

One good friend also recommended that, as I set up each army or group of armies; I take pics of each one. That was a great idea so, while setting up; I did that. I climbed a ladder to get these shots of all these to make sure I got the best view of all of them as possible. You'll also see that I placed my national flags next to each one like I did in Phoenix and Chattanooga. But first, I wanted to take a shot of all the models I'd finished since Chattanooga. I set them out with the national flags next to each group so I could more easily integrate them into the collection as I was setting up. Here they are on my staging table:

full

Now that you've seen them, here are the individual pics of each army or group of armies going from largest to the smaller ones. Before that, I'll post this pic of all the current German Railroad subjects I currently have finished, This was set up on a 1 foot by 8 foot table:

full

After this, I set up everything else on eight foot tables except for the Middle Eastern Armies as you'll see later.

This next pic shows my entire German Army:

full

Following that is my Russian Army which slightly edged out my United States Army in number of models. You can see the Russian railroad models here too:

full

Here is my United States Army and Marines:

full

This pic contains my British Army along with their Commonwealth members; the two Swedish tanks, the French Army, Italian Army and Japanese Army. I included the Japanese here because the Japanese Army is still a bit too small for it's own table. It was easiest to just add it to these European armies since there was sufficient room on the table:

full

And finally, on a six foot table, I have my Middle Eastern Armies which include the Egyptian Army, Syrian Army, Iraqi Army, one Indian tank, and the Israeli Army:

full

Now that you've seen all these armies individually, here they are all together. This is what eight hundred and seven armor models looks like all set up on tables:

full

When it came to that pic above, I extended the ladder as high as I could. Believe me, I couldn't get any higher to shoot this pic or I would have been bumping my head on the ceiling!

Here's another angle shot from the ground:

full

And there you have it: photographs of my latest milestone. It's been a long and fun road and so many of you have been exceptionally motivating along the trip. I'm thrilled to have traveled it with you. Hopefully it won't take long till I break a thousand that will be a sight to see!

Thanks all for looking in. I hope you enjoyed the show.

• Like 1

Very well done Mark! That is indeed quite a spectacle to see your entire motor pool set up for display. Bravo my friend! 

My guesstimate is that you’ll reach 900 in 2023 sometime... Keep it up Mark!

Thanks Gil! And you're welcome; it is a privilege and a thrill to share these with everyone.

Yeah, any time I want to set this up, my friend who runs Hobby Day says I can bring it down to set up. It always feel good to see everything outside of the tubs. I don't see this ever going to a Nats again due to the logistics of setting it up; it takes too much time now. Especially after it gets bigger!