Hello My name is Brian Peck and I too am a modelholic

TheDude

Greetings!

I am a longtime forum member but I haven't told my story yet. I started making models when I was about 6 years old and been doing it ever since. Like many others it was my brother who got me started on the hobby. He gave me a 1/48 scale corsair because I always like watching the Blacksheep Squadron back in the late '70's and he threw one together for me for my 6th birthday. Unfortuantly that F4U didn't last long after I seen an episode of the show where a corsair crash landed and I replicated it accordingly! :smiley14: Afterwards my bro sat me down and showed me how to put a plane together and all the work involved. After that sans a few 'outbreaks' I haven't destroyed many models after that. I remember in my early years building a 1/48 Monogram b-24J by puting it together with tape because my mother didn't want me as a 7 year old to have glue without my brother around to supervise.

I was always into planes, mainly jets, because I had always wanted to be a Air Force fighter pilot! Although excessive height and poor eyesight killed that dream, I have been building the planes I wanted to fly ever since. I have been doing 1/32 LONG before 1/32 was cool, half of my current collection of approx. 250 kits is 1/32 scale mostly jets and some props the rest is 1/48 scale planes and a few 1/35 armor. I've dabbled in ships and cars but my main focus is building OOB planes. I've won several 1st, 2nd and 3rds at nationals but I mainly build for relaxation and rarley build for competition.

My IPMS 'credentials' are:

2001 Region 10 contest chairman

Albuquerque Scale Modelers club president for 3 years

Albuquerque Scale Modelers club vice-president for 2 years

Off and on member at large for above chapter

2006 region 10 "Chili-con" Internet co-ordinator

and for some- Region 10 trouble maker ;)

I also played in a rock band for most of the 90's playing early 'Van Halen' style music and I also have a weak spot for fast cars. I've owned over 30+ sports cars over the years, mainly Trans Am's, ranging from the early 70's to the last ones in 2002. My most favorite car was a 1999 Camaro SS modified by Lingenfelter Performance Engineering with 435 horses under the hood, that car was a blast to drive! Currently due to my job working at a GM dealership as a Tech the money has been substatially cut and all the hotrods are now gone. I still have my first hobby, plastics as my main source of diversion now. :smiley23:

Thanks guys!

Allright! Another rocker in the asylum! Thanks for the info Brian. As a drummer (used to being allowed to hang with you musicians), a appreciate hanging with you in IPMS! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Gil don't feel bad, I was the other half of the rhythm section on bass guitar! :smiley16:

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, Brian. Come see us in Phoenix. November 14 is Modelzona and August 4-7, 2010 is the Nats. Look forward to seeing you.

Steve