HELLO everybody

Kartal

Hello everybody,

Dear members of the Forum. I recently returned to my childhood passion, making aircraft scale models after a 40-year interval. Guess I am preparing for my retirement :-). I found the things have changed quite a lot since those days. I used to paint my Matchbox and Airfix models with my father's oil colors and they were really messy. I had to develop bizarre technics for imitating the mottles on the ww2 Luftwaffe aircraft with a paintbrush. Now I have my airbrush and a lot of modeling stuff and gadgets, with tons of questions in mind regarding the technical issues to ask the forum, and that old passionate feeling to get on with the work with plastic. My special interests are ww2 aircrafts with a particular enthusiasm for Luftwaffe birds. I am happy to join the Forum.

Welcome Altin! If you were actually applying somewhat accurate Luftwaffe camo as a kid, you were FAR ahead of me! We have many knowledgeable builders here who will do their best to answer any questions. Might I also point you to U-Tube, where there are many short videos displaying techniques and tips for almost everything modeling under the sun.

Glad you're here! Make yourself at home and have fun!

Gil :smiley16:

Welcome Altin! You were farther along in your skills than I was too when I was that age. Way to go. Looks like you'll fit right in. Like Gil said, we have numerous masters and others willing to help out with anything you wish to know. Jump in with both feet my friend!

Welcome aboard Altin.

Mark