Baron Manfred Von Richthofen - " Red Baron" n Manfred Von

catdude01

Hi guys! Here I share with you my first attempt with a 1/6 bust that I grab from Last Cavalry at Ipms Nationals (thanks Dave!) its the Baron Manfred Von Richthofen, or the Red Baron!

I started cleaning the figure with soap to remove all the molding grease, then after dry, a coat of tamiya thin primer was given.

From there I use Vallejo colors for the base color. A few weeks later I decided to stop ignoring it and try to paint a face!, 1 and half hour later the result. (Still missing eyebrows, eyelashes omitted by mistake. :smiley24: ) eyes are not wonderful, but for a first time I guess they are ok.

Next day in my lunch time I started to work the red color in the hat and uniform. Then a retouch during the night.

testing and testing fitting and how its looks the face with the hat.Visor painted with Tamiya gloss black. Pictures are great to detect error in the painting.

same test with the body, colors are building up, still need to seal it to give a warm effect to the colors using oils.

and here my last effort so far, figure almost done. Still pending to seal it, then oils and then gluing for good to the wood base.

thank you guys!

And here the figure on the Modelfest 2014 that took place on Corozal, Puerto Rico this weekend.

Edited by catdude01

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here I share another picture this time in the Caribbean Scale Auto Expo in Puerto Rico. Sadly I was the only one with figures this time... -_-

The Yoda is also another work of mine.