WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SCI-FI FILM OF ALL TIME?

papasmurf

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Favorites....

#1 When Worlds Collide (I even have the book dated 1934, which included the story After Worlds Collide by Edwin Balmer and Philip Wylie)

#2 The Day the Earth Stood Still

#3 Forbidden Planet

GPs---

The Rocketeer

Galaxy Quest

Independence Day

Armageddon

I'm surprised no one's mention The Black Hole.

Though it has just a touch(very little) of Sci-Fi, I enjoy the movie Forever Young(maybe I'm a sucker for a B-25, or just a sap. LOL)

Kevin Iutzeler

Iowa

My Favorites....

#1 When Worlds Collide (I even have the book dated 1934, which included the story After Worlds Collide by Edwin Balmer and Philip Wylie)

#2 The Day the Earth Stood Still

#3 Forbidden Planet

GPs---

The Rocketeer

Galaxy Quest

Independence Day

Armageddon

I'm surprised no one's mention The Black Hole.

Though it has just a touch(very little) of Sci-Fi, I enjoy the movie Forever Young(maybe I'm a sucker for a B-25, or just a sap. LOL)

Kevin Iutzeler

Iowa

A "Classics Lover", all top-notch stuff Kevin! "The Black Hole" was decent, but as all Disney stuff of that era, a bit more for the "Youngsters", since I saw it as a kid anyways, it was a good time! :smiley17:

BlackHole00.jpg

Some of the Matte paintings, with added animation, were quite awesome! This image is a great example of some of the outstanding FX work seen in that film! :smiley20:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn. There is no question or debate over this .......... it RULES...................

OK, difficult to choose I realize, so your top 3, in no order of preference, is easier.

I'll start this sort of "Poll" type-thread.

A. 2001: A Space Odyssey

B. Blade Runner

C. Alien

OK, now, who's next? :ph34r:

C'mon, participate, this will be fun! :P

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn. There is no question or debate over this .......... it RULES...................

Great choice, my personal favorite of all ST films as well! :smiley20:

1.jpg

:rolleyes:

My favorite quote? I've got two, "Have you heard of the old Klingon proverb that tells us that revenge's a dish best served cold." And, two - "Kahn, we tried it your way, ... are you game for a rematch?"

Great choice, my personal favorite of all ST films as well! :smiley20:

1.jpg

:rolleyes:

My top three are:

1. Star Wars (A New Hope)

2. Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

3. 2001: A Space Odessy

My guilty pleasures are:

1. Space Balls (first movie I watched after reporting in as a 2nd Lieutenant 21 years ago this month)

2. Barbarella (I saw it as an impressionable young teenager)

3. Disney's The Black Hole (my first date movie)

My top three are:

1. Star Wars (A New Hope)

2. Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

3. 2001: A Space Odessy

My guilty pleasures are:

1. Space Balls (first movie I watched after reporting in as a 2nd Lieutenant 21 years ago this month)

2. Barbarella (I saw it as an impressionable young teenager)

3. Disney's The Black Hole (my first date movie)

Great choices, and there's good ol '"2001". Boy, that film made an impression on a LOT of us!! :blink:

2001_a_space_odyssey_1.jpg

There, now were back "On Track" again, dumb girl...... :smiley16:

My favorite quote? I've got two, "Have you heard of the old Klingon proverb that tells us that revenge's a dish best served cold." And, two - "Kahn, we tried it your way, ... are you game for a rematch?"

Yeah Dude, Kahn was nasty! Both Great Character actors! :smiley20:

I told you this would be fun! :smiley14:

300+ year old, 11 inch tall Blue Wizards don't tend to lie.....we just "make it up, as we go along"...hehehehehe....

papa_20smurf-133x128-144x137.jpg

"WRATH OF KAHN" was a visual feast of "Starship Battle Footage"!

startrek2.jpg

"KAAAAHHHNNNNNNNN!!!"

"KAAAAHHHNNNNNNNN!!!"

The last great Kirk line.

I told you this would be fun! :smiley14:

300+ year old, 11 inch tall, Blue Wizards, don't tend to lie.....we just "make it up, as we go along"...hehehehehe....

papa_20smurf-133x128-144x137.jpg

"WRATH OF KAHN" was a visual feast of "Starship Battle Footage"!

startrek2.jpg

"KAAAAHHHNNNNNNNN!!!"

"KAAAAHHHNNNNNNNN!!!"

The last great Kirk line.

Truly!

Dude, PM me your shipping address. Please go read the post in the "Voyager Peek..." thread. I just packed up something "special" for you. I need to send it to you.

I think you'll like it....hehehehe... :smiley16:

It's a "Freebie", so just send the darn shipping address..... :smiley2:

PM just sent.

Truly!

Dude, PM me your shipping address. Please go read the post in the "Voyager Peek..." thread. I just packed up something "special" for you. I need to send it to you.

I think you'll like it....hehehehe... :smiley16:

It's a "Freebie", so just send the darn shipping address..... :smiley2:

Jane Fonda ..........

And her father served in the USCG in the Pacific in WW2 with distinction or at least that's what I was told ....

And, she spits on the US like that?

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEAH!

And....Mmmm...yes, Jane Fonda....Meow......

PLEASE don't get me started on JANE FONDA.... We have Vets on this site! And I don't mean the kind that take care of cats...

Oh no Bob, no offense to the Vets intended. She really insulted the heck out of those guys in the 60"s, I'm old enough to remember the incident you are referring to.

I just like posting a picture with each reply, makes it more fun for visitors that way.

God she was dumb then, Dumb...dumb..... :blink:

Hey, she's not dumb. She is/was blonde. I know them. Dated one in college.

Oh no Bob, no offense to the Vets intended. She really insulted the heck out of those guys in the 60"s, I'm old enough to remember the incident you are referring to.

I just like posting a picture with each reply, makes it more fun for visitors that way.

God she was dumb then, Dumb...dumb..... :blink:

AAaawwwright! Say "Bye" to the picture, not going to start a "Controversy" over JF here! Back to the topic people, thanks!! :smiley17:

I.O.L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You didn't have to trash the picture; after all, she wasn't bad looking... In fact, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers... but then, I'm used to crummy lovers...!

:smiley2:

Nope, gone, bye-bye.....HAL is cooler anyways.....on to the next Film, who's got a favorite?? :smiley2:

Anyone notice that this thread is by far and away the most viewed and replied to thread on the forum?

And another "GUILTY" pleasure that will raise some stink, but I don't care.

"Thunderbirds"

I just LOVE TB2!

Too bad it's always just been a cargo-rescue vehicle. No guns.

Kevin

Great Stuff! I grew up watching that, and many other Brit SF shows, with the marionettes! Those models and Diorama's were awesome! Captain Scarlett was cool too, great vehicles! No guilt in those at all, as they were a modelers feast!!

I hadn't noticed it being that popular a topic, but if it is, I'm pleased it worked out so well, I just thought it would be a good time for all. :smiley14:

Thunderbird-2.jpg

I watched those as a kid too! And, Johnny Quest..................

Great Stuff! I grew up watching that, and many other Brit SF shows, with the marionettes! Those models and Diorama's were awesome! Captain Scarlett was cool too, great vehicles! No guilt in those at all, as they were a modelers feast!!

I hadn't noticed it being that popular a topic, but if it is, I'm pleased it worked out so well, I just thought it would be a good time for all. :smiley14:

Thunderbird-2.jpg