Like Button: ACTIVATED

Guest PetrolGator

Yep, it definitely is different from the Facebook button.

Still, it's something we can play with.

I guess we still have to venture over to our Facebook page to "feel the love" for our musings...

I like it! :D

EDIT: When you like a post that someone else made; the original poster get a notification at the very top (where it says 'notifications') so you can still "feel the love" from anyone who likes your post. I myself noticed three "likes" from Chris on some of my posts.

• Like 1

You can view your "liked" posts by calling up your forum profile.

9736664292_e29a22e5ed_o.jpg

The number of posts you have marked with the "like" button will appear in the upper right hand side of your profile. Mine has one like, for example.

As we gain more experience using this feature, we'll be able to see what triggers a change in the ratings (I'm "neutral" at this time).

d

Thanks for sharing that tidbit, Mark!

And another thing...for you to be notified of someone liking one of your posts, you need to go to the settings page for your account and check the box to allow you to be notified via email or forum PM whenever someone likes one of your posts.

Looks like we've started an FAQ here!

Thanks for that tidbit, Eric! I completely forgot about those buttons. Perhaps the new forum admin can add that to the FAQ?

Guest PetrolGator

Thanks for that tidbit, Eric! I completely forgot about those buttons. Perhaps the new forum admin can add that to the FAQ?

Sadly, I've been demoted. ;)