Tamiya's old 1/700 King George V, 1/700

100_0356.jpg

Here's an older build: Trumpeter's 1/700 HMS Queen Elizabeth:

100_0315.jpg

Fujimi's FUUUUUUSO, in 1/700:

100_0311.jpg

My very first build that I actually finished: Hasagawa's 1/700 IJN Haguro:

IMG_0123.jpg

First show winner, and originally my "technique guinea pig" before I decided to actually build the 1970's era bathtub toy: 1/700 Tamiya Harusame:

IMG_0586.jpg

1/700 Fujimi Nagato:

IMG_0657.jpg

Trumpy's 1/350 USS England:

IMG_0752_Copy.jpg

DML's 1/700 Monssen + Kenny's awesome Gatormasks

100_0301.jpg

Here's the second kit I built, a 1/700 DML Pennsylvania. It was... a bit over my head. I'd love to build another one, or rebuild this one:

IMG_0077.jpg

Trumpy's 1/700 USS Quincy. Old build.

IMG_0226.jpg

Guest PetrolGator

Thanks guys. It's amazing how far you come with this hobby. My first efforts (Pennsylvania, Haguro) were rather bad. Recently, I've been pretty happy with the KGV and Buckley class.

I'm hoping to add the Chevalier to this thread shortly, along with a USS Lassen, USS Laffey, and a fantastic USS Maryland with Blue Ridge Model's first in house PE set. Build thread for that one will be on modelwarships.

Sad little fleet, my a$$ - sweet stuff here!

That Buckley pic went into my reference file for what I hope to achieve with the DE(s).

Chris,

Didn't you say in another post that you've only been building for a little over a year? If you did all of these ships in 12-15 months, you leave me speechless. Now that you are in awards territory, you are going to have a master builder status in an amazingly short time. Some of us who have been doing this for almost six decades are still trying to figure out what to do with a kit.

Ed

Guest PetrolGator

Yep. I finally took this hobby "seriously" about a year (and a half?) ago. I'm not 100% sure on the timeline. I DID try building a 1/350 DML Laffey a few years back with superglue and rattlecans, but never got beyond fitting the two halves of the hull together. I had planned on unboxing the kit and rebuilding her, but inexperience showed through and I ended up liquefying some parts w/my paint thinner. Whoops. Thankfully, a new copy of the kit is now in my stash!

Thanks for the comments. I'm still making a lot of experience (and patience-based) mistakes, but learning.